Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#53858 - 07/20/03 09:46 AM Re: Spanish weddings
Espe3 Offline

Marisa- depends on the kind of wedding... it could have been the recommended dress for the wedding- as for the red- well, that's very daring to wear- the thing about colors is that nobody generally (unless otherwise specified) but the bride should wear white. Black is a color of mourning and well, there you go- but again, depending on the dress and the type of wedding- and red- its an attention getter so again its a color not supposed to be worn by ettiquette as you're not supposed to draw attention away from the bride. Not to say they CAN'T be worn- but shouldn't.

My mom just got back from my cousins wedding- if I figure out how to do it, I'll post from that and another wedding I went to to show examples of dress.

#53859 - 07/21/03 12:32 PM Re: Spanish weddings
cantabene Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
Linguistar:
Lucky you. Have you been invited to the reception? Whatever you decide to wear, my guess is that you will eat very well.

In several decades of visiting Spain the best meal I ever had was at a wedding reception. Provided for 200 persons by people who were certainly not wealthy, I left happily stuffed with entremeses, langostinos, the best cordero asado I've ever eaten, washed down with good vino, champagne and after-dinner brandy and cordials. The after-dinner dancing went on and on. Amazing. It certainly reinforced the Spaniards' reputation for hospitality--at least for me. If you luck into the same, you will find it a memorable experience.

#53860 - 07/21/03 01:00 PM Re: Spanish weddings
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

marisa
when are you going to start the camino de santiago?
you might get there late.

#53861 - 07/21/03 01:01 PM Re: Spanish weddings
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

marisa
when are you going to start the camino de santiago?
you might get there late.

#53862 - 07/21/03 07:46 PM Re: Spanish weddings
Jonsoniana Offline

I have a question about wearing red in weddings...I believe I am well informed about etiquette and I have always heard that you dont wear either white or black to a wedding, I never heard anything about red. As for it drawing too much attention...I guess as much as any other bright color. Anyway, I am curious to know where that comes from, having been in weddings both in the north and the south in Spain, I saw many women, especially this year, wearing red and it was perfectly fine. is it ok to wear it in the US? what about different parts of Spain? It seems to be fine in both Asturias and Sevilla...

One more thing about weddings, I have observed the tendency lately that people go more and more formally dressed than before, even wear long dresses, evening dresses, to morning weddings, which should not be done. I have seen it here, in Asturias, has anybody else noticed the trend?

#53863 - 07/21/03 11:25 PM Re: Spanish weddings
Espe3 Offline

Jos-
I wouldn't say it was so much a trend- as people not having much fashion sense! Yes, even Spain there are fashion victims! :p eek

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1579 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments