MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#53822 - 04/17/03 02:31 PM Re: non-Spanish looking people in Spain
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Akordish: Good to see you back posting...and I think I know what you mean by "classic Spanish look".

The situation with the Miss USA pageant is that (and here comes the potentially inflammatory observation) it looks less homogenous on purpose. Back in the 50s, 60s and 70s, the Miss USA pageant was a "white" only pageant. In the 80s and up to today, diversity is key, and I almost suspect that it's 'unofficially encouraged'.

When the first black woman (Vanessa Williams) won the title, there was a scandal (prior nude pictures in Penthouse), and the next year they went and picked Sharlene Wells, who was about as safe a pick to avoid scandal as possible (Miss Utah, Mormon girl...). That was a knock on a potentially great thing: A Black Miss USA...but it looks like the pageant has gotten over it...as the contestants seem to represent a larger slice of what the American pie really looks like.

As for "Miss Spain", I'd stack her up against Miss Anywhere as far as beauty goes...except maybe against those robo-babe clones they keep churning out in Venezuela...¡ay yai yai! eek

#53823 - 04/18/03 08:22 AM Re: non-Spanish looking people in Spain
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
calibasco

you know why?
spanish babes and venezuelan babes are the best on the planet no doubt.

#53824 - 04/18/03 12:16 PM Re: non-Spanish looking people in Spain
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

well also the portuguese gals are pretty hot too.
i count them in as well.

any votes? laugh :p wink

#53825 - 04/18/03 12:40 PM Re: non-Spanish looking people in Spain
miche_dup1 Offline

linguistar,

My goodness you'll be fine. I'm sure I look just as much Spanish as you do wink and I was fine wondering around Spain alone. I've been treated with nothing but courtesy by the Spanish.
You'll love it and I'm glad you speak the lingo, that's most important and it will impress!!

Happy travels.

#53826 - 04/18/03 04:23 PM Re: non-Spanish looking people in Spain
linguistar Offline

Loc: Canada
Thanks Miche, you definately have boosted my confidence smile As for some of the other postings, look what this topic has turned into. It's like a lets judge who are the prettiest women of the world. Guys you are crazzzzzyyyyyyyyyyy :p

#53827 - 05/12/03 12:42 PM Re: non-Spanish looking people in Spain
ucfssre Offline

yeah,

a right mixture of looks in Spain.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2650 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments