Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#53744 - 02/09/03 04:29 PM Mostoles
Eszter Offline

I'm interested in a small town near Madrid, it's Mostoles.
If somebody has informations about it, please send me!
Thanks!

#53745 - 02/10/03 09:17 AM Re: Mostoles
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
Well it's not exactly small.For the most part it's a high-rise suburb of about 250,000 people, about 25 minutes by train from central Madrid

#53746 - 02/10/03 12:34 PM Re: Mostoles
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
The City Hall website for Móstoles is http://www.ayto-mostoles.es/ .

FYI: the great-great-great-great (not sure how many) grandfather of my ladyfriend in Madrid was the mayor of Móstoles and he declared war against Napolean and the French. Just a few years ago they both (Móstoles and France) signed a truce agreement. hehehe.. It's true! There's a statue of the mayor in one of the plazas.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#53747 - 02/15/03 02:27 PM Re: Mostoles
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

mostoles is also the place where the tve show saber vivir is situated.ive never been there though but seen images of it in the old tve show plaza mayor that some of you spaniards over in spain might have heard of it.i dont live in spain(what bull****)BUT im at least lucky enough to have television espanola internacional on my satellite t.v. i recommend it for spain lovers outside of spain.but dont worry if you cant get it because MM's great labor has introduce to our homes via internet some great channels live from espana laugh :p

#53748 - 01/22/04 04:32 AM Re: Mostoles
zotas Offline

Loc: St Louis
Hey,

This might be a bit late but I can give you the low down on Mostoles since I lived there for 19 years growing up. As was said before small in spain is relative. Mostoles is about 2 miles acros but has over 250,000 inhabitants. It is now the home of part of the Universidad Juan Carlos and just recently got an extension of the Madrd Subway makin 2-3 stops (if not there yet should be there soon) This will be Metro Sur.

Let me know what info you are interested in and I will see what I can tell you about it. smile

Saludos,
Zotas

BTW, Madrid Man. Your friend is a distan relative of Juan Torrejon? Thats the best! Viva Mostoles. laugh

#53749 - 01/22/04 05:34 AM Re: Mostoles
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello zotas! Welcome to our little message board!
Quote:
BTW, Madrid Man. Your friend is a distan relative of Juan Torrejon? Thats the best! Viva Mostoles.
Yes! It's true! I really need to get back to Móstoles and take a photo of my ladyfriend next to the statue of her great-great-great-etcetera grandfather, the mayor of Móstoles who declared war on France. What a strange, funny, but interesting story that is! Thanks goodness they worked out their differences and signed that treaty a few hundred years later or the French may have returned to take over the town! hehehe... Surely a photo of that mayor can be found on the internet somewhere. My ladyfriend said upon seeing the statue again after 30 years said, "Hmmm.. I remember it being MUCH bigger!" rolleyes hehehe...

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments