Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#53652 - 01/19/03 09:44 AM April weather in Madrid
martine Offline

Loc: Belgium
What kind of weather can I expect in April in Madrid? Temperature? Rain?

#53653 - 01/19/03 04:08 PM Re: April weather in Madrid
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
welcome and hello

now in january madrid is rainy it will be like this until march, then it will return to being rainy by april.it can be just as rainy in april as in winter.theres a saying about this "en abril aguas mil"which comes out to mean as "in april it rains like hell. wink :p laugh
also this frequent rain which in fact is more like drizzle also ends in this same month april.may is sunny and then the weather is dry and sunny until mid-october or even november when theres an occasional drought that actully believe it or not goes through winter.this drought that happens about every three years make the whole year dry except april.april never escapes the rain for some reason in this great but dry city.take in note that the dry season is longer than the wet and that the wet season isnt as wet as you might see in belgium with few exceptions of course.mother nature is quite jo***o sometimes wink
as for temperatures,you wouldnt give a crap about it when youre there because the weather is at least in my humble opinon too ideal for being worried about comfort.i mean its in the sixtys in the day and the upper forties at around midnight.well actually i made mistake because the truly perfect temperature is felt in may in madrid.still in april you still wont give a damn

have fun in the country of my blood and excitence smile

#53654 - 01/19/03 11:07 PM Re: April weather in Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
OH BOY - OH BOY - OH BOY!! Can't wait to be in Madrid for most of April. I expect it to be as it has been in previous years. Should have rain from time to time but mainly sunny and in the lower 60s to lower 70s for highs and in the 50s for lows. Mmmm.. Can't wait. Can't wait.... Mmmmm... The spring flowers (tulips, etcetera) will be in full bloom and the trees will have many new leaves.

You can view a month-to-month climate guide (in ºF) on the USATODAY website HERE . They say, Average High: 63º. Average Low: 42º. It's also tied for the 3rd for the month with the most rainfall.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#53655 - 01/21/03 08:10 AM Re: April weather in Madrid
martine Offline

Loc: Belgium
Well, all this is pretty contradictory rolleyes . Our sons are begging us since a few years to go to Warner Bros Madrid and they finally persuaded us. But to do all those kilometers, just to be in the rain... frown We'll maybe have to reconsider it.

BTW, in case of... do you know a good aparthotel in the neighbourhood of the Park? Pinto..?
Thanks in advance

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments