Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#53583 - 01/14/03 05:38 PM Re: ethnic back ground of Spain
Roe Offline

Loc: california
Quintos233, you are against illegal immigration, but for legal immigrants? What happens when you don´t allow legal immigration? Spain authorized some 30,000 work visas to be given out to Non-EU citizens. It has given out less than half. The official line was that businesses just didn´t want to hire foreigners. Yeah, right. Be careful about the distinction between illegal immigrants and legal immigrants, there might not be much of a difference. I´m an illegal immigrant in Spain as I am sure that many other people who read this message board are or have been in going to Spain to teach English.

#53584 - 01/14/03 06:56 PM Re: ethnic back ground of Spain
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
It is amazing how easy is to make demagoguery thousands of miles away through the deaths of others, isn't it? laugh

Fernando

#53585 - 01/14/03 07:59 PM Re: ethnic back ground of Spain
Quintos233 Offline

Loc: Southern California
What do you mean Fernando. CalliBasco what up with ur nationalistic views you must understand modern Europe doesn't need your nationalistic views or any other Basques nationalistic views because it doesnt matter the Basques lost the war and were conquered period just like Gibraltar was conquered by the Brits and is British. Oh yeah and Callibasco if you dont think any ethnic trading has been happening between the Basque and the rest of Spain for the last few hundred years you are wrong.

#53586 - 01/15/03 01:17 AM Re: ethnic back ground of Spain
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Does anyone confused have a sense of humor on this board? Quintos, since you're a #3000+ member, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...just relax and observe unless I mention you. I'm just having a little fun with Fernando. He's used to it, and tries to dish it back whenever appropriate. I expected a little more leeway from a fellow Calforniano...

Nowhere did I mention (here we go again...yet again misunderstood by another MMer...damn this is getting viejo) nationalism, Basque separatism, ETA or anything else...I simply made reference to Fernando's post and the curious omission of an ethnic group that happens to fall partially within Spain's current political boundaries...and one that he usually goes out of his way to mention in the same breath as all other Spaniards...

I thought that my addition of the rolleyes and the wink would clarify the tongue-in-cheek nature of my post, but apparently sarcasm and a good poke in the ribs is somewhat lost on some frequenters to these fora.

Geeez! eek

P.S. Gora Euskadi...we will be free...bla bla bla...yadda yadda yadda...euskadin askatasuna...yippee dippee... rolleyes Does everyone understand that this is the sarcastic portion of the post? ¿está claro?

#53587 - 01/15/03 06:53 AM Re: ethnic back ground of Spain
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Cristal clear! laugh It was an unfortunate omission, watch out Cali, I will return back :p

Fernando

#53588 - 01/15/03 01:33 PM Re: ethnic back ground of Spain
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

...aquí te espero, majo... wink

#53589 - 01/16/03 07:25 PM Re: ethnic back ground of Spain
Quintos233 Offline

Loc: Southern California
Oh so you were being sarcastic so was I heheheehehehehee CaliBasco so basically your sayng I take things to seriously? on this forum hmm I think you may be right......

#53590 - 01/17/03 01:37 PM Re: ethnic back ground of Spain
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Fair enough...actually I have a very serious question about your initial post:
Quote:
Moroccan women reproduce offspring alot faster then Spanish women
I'm under the assumption that all women reproduce at the same rate everywhere. What ethnic superpowers do these amazing Moroccan women have that allow them to have babies more frequently than every 9½ months?

Is it something in the water? Inquiring minds want to know! :p

If you're making an empirical statement, you may want to reference the fertility rates of the countries. Spain's is just slightly higher than 1.0. Of course birthrates in Morocco are a topic for the "Non-Spain" fora. I'm only assuming that's where this deviation is headed.

Oh yeah, Gora Euskadi or whatever. rolleyes

#53591 - 01/17/03 04:10 PM Re: ethnic back ground of Spain
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
People are people. Good and bad and a whole lot in-between. My wife is Ecuadorian, I am a tallish (for here), very white (Irish/Swiss) Anglo. We get a LOT of stares when we are in public together (all the time), especially from gentes majores. We have had blatant cases of racism to deal with, especially when looking for an apartment, but then we also have had the very best, most wonderful dueños (landlords). Our present dueños, like our previous ones are more like family than anything else, and live below us (the last set lived above us!), and I would not trade them for anyone! My point is that you cannot control other peoples' reaction to you, just your reaction to them. That is the only control you have, and it is enough.

#53592 - 02/27/03 02:32 PM Re: ethnic back ground of Spain
Aitor Offline

Loc: Donostia
Hi,

About inmigration and Basque and this kind of things, I have a curious happen.

Two different person living on a Basque town, one was Morocan inmigrant and the other from Extremadura (supossed non-inmigrant, at least not for a foreign "country").

The Morocan was learning Basque, has Basque friends, etc. The man from Extremadura wanted nothing about Basque language, culture, etc and his friends were exclusively people like him.

A day, there was an enfrentation between the Morocan and the Extremaduran, and at the end, the Extremaduran man told to the Morocan:

- ¡Vete a tu país puto moro! (go to your country ****ing morish)

Another thing, about if we, Basques, are Spanish or not, first of all tell that there are Basque in the North (France) and South (Spain) that have the same language, culture and history.

Well, every people have each own opinion, and in the Basque Country there are people with different opinions, I mean political opinions. We have to be respectful with it.

For instance, when I go to a foreign country and I say that I am from the Basque Country answering to the typical question of "where are you from" I have never had any bad answer, with one exception: Spanish people.

Regards,

Aitor

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments