Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#53571 - 12/29/02 12:27 AM Irish Box
Quintos233 Offline

Loc: Southern California
Irish aparently are not as willing as the Moroccans to help Spain in this time of need I can understand a limit on Spanish ships but a limit of 41 kinda small it is Irish waters so I guess they are intitled to this but I hope that if Irish fishermen run into a crisis Spain will not be there to help them.

#53572 - 12/29/02 05:55 AM Re: Irish Box
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Quintos233 writes:
Quote:
... I can understand a limit on Spanish ships but a limit of 41 kinda small it is Irish waters so I guess they are intitled to this but I hope that if Irish fishermen run into a crisis Spain will not be there to help them.
Please include a citation (or link) to give us some background on your story. Last Spring (May, 2002) I met the all-Spanish crew of s French-flagged fishing ship at a pub in Connemara, Irish Republic. I refer to it as a 'ship' rather than a 'boat' because that's what it is: a large Commercial Fishing vessel. According to one of the crewmen, the ship's home port is in Vizcaya, Spain. The ship is owned and operated by a French Company and the Captain was French. So it doesn't count against the 41-boat limit. That's the kind of stuff that happens in the lucrative commercial fishing industry.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments