Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#53568 - 12/25/02 10:31 PM Visiting Andalucia
Edgar Offline

We will be visiting Andalucia for two weeks in May. We plan to visit mostly Sevilla, the Colombus coast, and the Pueblos Blancos, but also Granada and Cordoba. Can anyone suggest how many days we should dedicate to Cordoba and Granada? And how should we get there?

#53569 - 12/26/02 06:08 AM Re: Visiting Andalucia
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Sorry, I can't help you with transport to Granada (MotorCoach from Sevilla's Plaza de Armas bus terminal is probably best). AVE takes 1-hour to Cordoba from Sevilla. It runs hourly each way from about 07:00 to 23:00.

As for what to do: el Puerto de santa Maria hosts its Festival de Primavera (Spring Fair) around the 10th of May. And the pilgrimage festival of la Virgen del Rocio winds up on Pentecost Sunday which, I believe, is June 1st. The Santuario de la Virgen is near Almonte, just west of the Donaña wildlife refuge. You can watch some of the festivities on the local TVE. The last time I was there for that (Year 2001), all the locals said there were a million participants (Police est. 650,000).

By Columbus coast I assume you mean Huelva (i.e., Columbus' first Voyage of Discovery set off from Palos de la frontera near la Rabida). There is a Parador Naciónal near Mazagon. I think it's named for Columbus but the 'locals' just call it the Parador de Mazagon. There's also a new (4-star) Resort Hotel in Matalascañas, on the coast south of el Santuario de la Virgen del Rocio.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mah-g, Ricardo Mata
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1691 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments