MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#53411 - 11/21/02 10:48 AM Re: SPANISH WOMEN
carmendeespana Offline

Loc: Madrid
I am with Espe3 on this.

Actually, I was going to suggest something like this to you but then you posted about the bars you usually go and as I donīt know these bars, I couldnīt tell!!

I think if you want to meet Spanish women, you need to go where they go, stay where they stay, be friends with them, or at least try. wink . And NEVER be shy. Even if you think you are saying stupide things, they will probably appreciate that you are trying to communicate with them.

Have fun!!

#53412 - 11/21/02 12:01 PM Re: SPANISH WOMEN
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Mmmmm....Carmen, I guess that depends on the person and/or the situation though. I usually like shy guys!, and I certainly prefer them to guys that say stupid things!
However, if what you mean is; don't be afraid to use whatever Spanish language knowledge you have, and that sort of thing, I'm with you.

#53413 - 11/21/02 12:28 PM Re: SPANISH WOMEN
Val Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi there!

I'll tell you how I met my husband, who is Spanish, and it was NOT my intention to "ligar". I put an add up on the bulletin board of the English department of Universidad de Salamanca offering to do an "intercambio", exchanging English conversation for Spanish conversation.

I had 8 replies and saw each of these 8 people for a 1 hour conversation once a week during my four months studying Spanish in Salamanca! By the way, only 1 reply was from a female student!!!

Actually, as a woman, I've had a hard time making friends with Spanish women. I've been here for 10 years and have no close Spanish girlfriends, yet (although still working on it! And believe me, in spite of very little free time I have made lots of efforts). My close friends are all guys and friends of my husband. In the states it was the opposite, I had (and still do have) tons of girlfriends!

Anyway, back to your subject. If you put up this "intercambio" ad, with your age, sex, and looking to exchange English for Spanish, you should get LOTS of replies. Spaniards are dying to get free English lessons (or at least a lot of them are!)Even if guys answer, meet them, improve your Spanish,and you should be able to get them to introduce you to their friends and break into the Spanish social networks!

Good luck!

#53414 - 11/22/02 12:41 PM Re: SPANISH WOMEN
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
By the way the bars I have mentioned are just a handful. I donīt only go to all american bars. I do go to spanish bars as well, usually we start out at them and in the course of the evening we go to other spanish bars. last night we tried to go to a club that is international on wed. Last night was thursday and they would not let us in because it is a spanish night. I know of spanish bars in alameda de hercules. I am not afraid to use my spanish and I am not shy. I do talk to spanish girls. The problem is nothing is happening and all the american guys here have the same problems. I have had intercambios , some who have boyfriends. I thought they would be interested in showing me their part of the city but this is not the case many of them are duds and many of the americans have given up because many times they do not show up. There is not even a call to say that they wonīt be able to make the meeting. We talk for an hour, she leaves, I leave and when I want to have an event so that she can meet my friends , she is not interested. In all frankness, I am thinking of changing cities, to madrid or barcelona. I honestly believe based on my past experiences that the people there are more interested in where I come from or who i am than here in sevilla.I have found the people to be much frendlier in those two cities. Who knows , maybe things will change in a week. At first I thought maybe It was something wrong with me, but as madridman said it is something cultural. to me it seems as if there is something here that has a hold on people here than in any of the other cities mentioned. Many of the girls here have been going with their boyfriends here since they were teens. It is not unusual for a woman to be with the same guy for 10 years with the girl believing that the guy will marry her and suddenly things are broken off. Iīm not into that.PS I think we should change some things for our partners our spouses, but there is a point where you can change so many things until you do not know who you. A woman shuold like me for who I am. If not well, Iīll throw her in the gutter and Iīll find another.

#53415 - 11/22/02 12:56 PM Re: SPANISH WOMEN
pim Offline

"A woman shuold like me for who I am. If not well, Iīll throw her in the gutter and Iīll find another."

Errr....?????

#53416 - 11/22/02 01:22 PM Re: SPANISH WOMEN
MATADOR Offline

someone told me that phrase today and for some reason it stuck in my mind.I was just funny to me. Iīm not really serouis about that.

#53417 - 11/22/02 05:43 PM Re: SPANISH WOMEN
ELECTRACITY Offline

Loc: CANADA
Matador, to answer your original post of how to meet spanish woman, the answer is go to Zaragoza! It has the most beautiful woman. I have been there twice (on my way to Barcelona) and stopped over for 1 or 2 nights. I have always met the most attractive, in every sence of the word, open women....ayy me hecha de menos.

#53418 - 11/23/02 06:14 AM Re: SPANISH WOMEN
pim Offline

Hey! both my parents are from Zaragoza, does that count? rolleyes cool
He, he! seriously though, I don't think there is an specific region that could be considered as 'tierra de guapas', however, the women from Cordoba are said to be beautiful (I guess they'd be our "southern belles"). Also, the ones from the Canary Islands, with their exotic looks; but if what you like are tall girls, you should go to Huesca, their average height is quite higher than in the rest of Spain; if you like very fair skinned girls, the Galician people have probably the fairest colouring. My experience tells me that if you're into redheaded people, Navarra is the place to go, but if you want to find girls with 'gracia y salero', head down to Andalucia "'shiquillo'"! Finally, if you'd like to find the most "European" gals, maybe you should go to Barcelona (unless you come across some narrow-minded Catalan nationalistic one that is eek )

I'm thinking, that you might have found girls from Zaragoza (where I lived for 11 years) to be prettier because, and this is just my opinion AND I'm aware I'm generalizing here, women that live in the different provinces tend to take better care of themselves in these aspects than us, for instance, in Madrid. Let's face it, their quality of life in general is better, enjoying more spare time and having to go through less stressful routines; besides, they actually know many people with whom they run into on the streets everyday, and that seldom happens in Madrid! I myself only go to the hairdresser once or twice a year....in Zaragoza of course! laugh

#53419 - 11/23/02 10:11 AM Re: SPANISH WOMEN
MATADOR Offline

I am taking a culture and society class of spain. My professor says that ther are many interracial marriages in zaragoza due to fact that there is an american base there. In other words that place is the bomb!

#53420 - 11/23/02 11:23 AM Re: SPANISH WOMEN
pim Offline

Matador,

There used to be a military base in Zaragoza, but like the rest of them, was closed down over a decade ago or so....(I'm not sure when exactly, 'cause time flies, but it was one of the things that were agreed upon when we joined the NATO)
Yes, there used to be some interracial "liasons" there....but Zaragoza is a big city, so the percentage of them was very very very small within the context of the whole city! I remember the Americans were known to go to this one bar all the time, it was very close to our house back then, but I can't remember the name....

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1623 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments