Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#52918 - 08/23/02 10:39 AM Re: Proof: Cristobal Colón was from Spain, not from Genova
ERT Offline

I forgot to say that the caucasian people that have been founded in America recently that are supposed to have lived in America prior to the what is called Native American people are Europeans from the North of Spain and the Southwest of France, and belong to the Solutrean culture 18.000 years ago, as you can see in the investigations that have come with the "Kennewic Man".

"At a professional conference at the end of October 1999, two prominent archeologists, Dennis Stanford and Bruce Bradley, suggested that the Solutrean people crossed the Atlantic from what is now northern Spain and southern France about 18,000 years ago and settled in North America, establishing what is now called the "Clovis" culture. This construction of the evidence is strongly supported by projectile points and other correspondences between the two cultures. We know that humans had been sailing around the Pacific for thousands of years prior to the appearance of the Clovis culture, so it is no great stretch of the imagination to suppose that the Solutreans used skin boats to cross the much smaller Atlantic in perhaps as little as three weeks. The fact that the shared Solutrean-Clovis technology appears at the same time in both Solutrea and Clovis - and nowhere else - strongly bolsters the idea that we are looking at two branches of the same people: a Caucasoid people. "

You can read more at:

http://www.harbornet.com/folks/theedrich/hive/Kennewic.htm

or search in www.google.com for "Kennewick man".

And finally say that I´m just a History fan and I like to read and read about it. When some historical issues have strong possibilities of have been manipulated or changed it is very natural to ask for the revisionism of those "facts" and come to the right conclussion. Do you remember Graham Bell as the inventor of the telephone?. Well, some months ago has been showed that Graham Bell was just a thief, and the case was revised and came to the conclussion that the real inventor of the telephone was not Graham Bell but Antonio Meucci (an italian inventor). So I think the possibility of Colon not being genovese but Spanish is another issue for revisionism, and I certainly believe that Colon was a Spaniard from Barcelona.

#52919 - 08/23/02 11:07 AM Re: Proof: Cristobal Colón was from Spain, not from Genova
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
After looking at the following web page, I am convinced that I am not really American, but was secretly born in Spain and was transferred here to the United States at an age where it would be almost impossible for me to recall the transfer.

www.iwasmovedasachild.com/spain/to/america

I am petitioning the Spanish government for dual citizenship, as it's blatantly obvious that I was duped by my well-meaning, biased and liberal newspaper baron parents. Barajas here I come!

#52920 - 08/23/02 11:10 AM Re: Proof: Cristobal Colón was from Spain, not from Genova
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
I have proof that CaliBasco is lying, and that he is really a Laotian secret agent. I also have proof that his real name is not "CaliBasco" and that this is just a clever ruse used to keep the authorites off his trail.

#52921 - 08/23/02 11:43 AM Re: Proof: Cristobal Colón was from Spain, not from Genova
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Curses! Foiled again! eek

Since I've been "outed" by Asterault...I'll play tit-for-tat:

Asterault is actually an anagram for the infamous Jamaican Marxist "Rasta Lute". Rasta Lute has lived in seclusion in Spain for some time now, but as you read this information, he's on the run to Getafe.

#52922 - 08/23/02 06:08 PM Re: Proof: Cristobal Colón was from Spain, not from Genova
JJP Offline

Loc: ca.eeuu
Quote:
I've always believed that along with the "right to speak your mind" comes unwritten clauses that says "speak with common sense," "be diplomatic," "know your facts," and above all, "act like a responsible person." If a person can't live by those little rules, they shouldn't be speaking their mind in the first place.
Wolf

Excellent post! I couldn't agree with you more. But I would also add to your list "the strength of character to admit when one's wrong (or that another simply has a better point)"

PS: For those who have been on this message board long enough probably remember a notorious flameout between Wolf and I. Let's just say at the end of any legitimate argument ‘respect’ goes along way to keep the harmony on this board.

#52923 - 08/23/02 06:27 PM Re: Proof: Cristobal Colón was from Spain, not from Genova
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
JJP,

I'd totally forgotten we had disagreed on anything, and can't even remember it now.

"the strength of character to admit when one's wrong (or that another simply has a better point)"

An excellent point to add. smile

Wolf

#52924 - 08/23/02 06:53 PM Re: Proof: Cristobal Colón was from Spain, not from Genova
JJP Offline

Quote:
I'd totally forgotten we had disagreed on anything, and can't even remember it now.
Well, chalk it up to me having the memory of an elephant! wink

Whether that's a curse or a blessing is up for debate. eek

#52925 - 08/23/02 06:55 PM Re: Proof: Cristobal Colón was from Spain, not from Genova
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
I believe that as members of this Board we owe it to the readership to stay within the boundaries of versimilitude. Unauthenticated and questionable websites must be introduced as such.The page that ERT introduced to us is a prime example of these types of bogus websites.

As an educator I constantly warn my students to be very careful of what they accept as fact in Internet websites. Just because it is printed in a web page does not meant that the content of the site is true or authoritative. Books and journals generally have strenuos oversight, particularly peer-reviewed journals, they stay within the boundaries of versimilitude.

While the Internet is a marvel it does lend itself to much missinformation. frown

#52926 - 08/23/02 07:06 PM Re: Proof: Cristobal Colón was from Spain, not from Genova
JJP Offline

Excellent point, Booklady... Just like any structure, the foundation is key. In a debate (such as this one) the foundation is the material we're discussing. Without a credible source, the debate is essentially worthless. Good ideas can still be discussed, but ... well, I think you know what I'm saying.

#52927 - 08/23/02 07:16 PM Re: Proof: Cristobal Colón was from Spain, not from Genova
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
Booklady, did you say MULLETUDE???

here's a website we can *ALL* take with gigantic container of salt: http://mulletsgalore.com

oh, Booklady, i apologize. i realize you didn't mean 'mulletude' now... this was just my attempt at throwing something humorous into the mix of a thread that needed yet more 'jostling,' as it were.

you are oh so right in what you say about bogus information on the web. humans have a tendency to believe what they read, as tho just because something is in print it carries enough prestige to convince anyone that it is truthful.

besides, we all know that Cristobal Colon was neither italiano, español, ni catalan, but rather an alien and used the presence of his spaceship (which was on auto-pilot and floating thru the sky) to guide him to the new world. and we all thought he was just using the stars for navigation! hmmpf! right!

andrew
:wq

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2009 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments