Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#52771 - 07/31/02 12:33 PM Re: Mexicans in Spain?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
barrry, please tell us all about this wonderful Mexican restaurant in Madrid, the association, URL to website (when you find/know it), and the quickest way to free margaritas at said establishment. hehehe.. wink But yes! Tell us all about it. smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#52772 - 08/01/02 03:43 AM Re: Mexicans in Spain?
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
I'd be interested because Mexican food I've had in Barcelona wasn't very good.

In my town there's a Sushi bar! Wow! I was shocked!

#52773 - 08/01/02 10:27 AM Re: Mexicans in Spain?
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
It's called El Alamillo, and it's in Plaza Alamillo in the Austrias area, just off Plaza de la Paja. In summer you can eat on the terraza and the food's authentic Mexican. They're friendly too, as I said, and usually throw in a free drink or two.

#52774 - 08/07/02 02:34 PM Re: Mexicans in Spain?
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
in my experience, people of all spanish-speaking countries are given at least a basic amount of respect in Spain, in what i believe is a spirit of 'brethrenship.'

i have never heard anything negative said about the old spanish colonies, and if anything, have heard only comments that indicate an interest and a willingness to undestand the respective hispanic cultures.

i forgot to add...

i've never had any decent 'tex-mex' type food, but have had some decent mexican seafood.

i tried to make a tex-mex dinner for some friends, so my brother and i went all over Madrid looking for ingredients but couldn't find hardly anything authentic. we did end up finding 'ortega' salsa and taco shell products at the Corte Ingles off calle princesa, but never found monterrey or cheddar cheese. i heard from a friend that you can now buy cheddar there.

nothing like a burrito as big as your *HEAD*!

andrew
:wq

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1767 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments