Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#52675 - 07/09/02 06:41 PM Re: ¡Viva San Fermín!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Wow! eek I had NO idea that women actually ran! That is a startling revelation. eek I did see some feminine-looking men when I ran, but never suspected that they were real live women.

#52676 - 07/10/02 03:50 AM Re: ¡Viva San Fermín!
Chip Offline

I've been to San Fermin four times and would really like to be there right now. On one of the runs in 1999, I saw a woman in high heels and a party dress run (walk actually, up Estafeta). It was obvious she was trying to make a point (though I'm not sure what it was). Last year (2001) the Police seemed a little more aggressive about keeping really intoxicated people off the course. They were especially strict about cameras being used on the course. If they saw you taking a picture in the encierro, they grabbed you and your camera and tossed you out.

On a lighter note, I wholeheartedly suggest that you run if you think you would like to. It's not a bad idea to watch a run or two before you try it. I generally try to move away from anyone I hear speaking English before the rocket fires and the Bulls are let loose. Not that I'm some sort of expert, but it seems that some of us Americans just don't take it seriously enough:-(.
Keep in mind that you are more likely to be trampled by your fellow San Fermines than by the Bulls... and...if you fall on the course...STAY DOWN AND DO NOT GET UP UNTIL SOMEONE TAPS YOU to let you know it's safe to get up.

Viva San Fermin!

Gora San Fermin!

#52677 - 07/17/02 07:13 PM Re: ¡Viva San Fermín!
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
We were in Navarra and La Rioja during the San Fermines this year and had a great time watching the runs on tv with the locals, who were glued to the tube! One commentary we heard about the large number of injuries this year had to do with the fact that many runners don't know - or ignore - the rules (example - do not touch the bulls - many people were touching, pulling, and smacking the bulls). I wonder if the foreigners even know that rules/guidelines exist.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2865 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments