Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#52593 - 06/27/02 01:38 PM Re: Opinion?Letter to US Census Dept.
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Like Cali, I don't mind being called anything (and rest assured I've been called things in far more languages than I'd care to discuss - rolleyes ), as long as I'm not called late for dinner.

I'm tired of getting discriminated on for clothing sizes. When you wear a XXXL t-shirt like I do, I'm forced to "register" as a person who goes to "Big & Tall men's" stores. This is unfair. They make you feel like you're shopping for outfits that are too small for the Goodyear blimp. I think clothing that fits the average sized man, and below, should be identified by using things like "Wuss," for small, "Wimp" for medium, "Asi Asi," for large, and "Real Man," with stars behind it to indicate each "X" for us big guys. For the "L," change the color of the star to gold, to show we're really, really, really hunks of pure gold - laugh

Of course, these tags, that show the real sizes, should be removable, and there should be a "medium" tag permanently attached to each garment. That's in case we want to tell someone we've lost weight, and want to prove it, even if we cast a much bigger shadow - :p

Wolf (Whose wife whapped him alongside the head when he asked her if a woman's 18W stood for 18 with a "W"addle, or Wide body. I just don't understand why women are so sensitive - frown )

#52594 - 06/27/02 07:25 PM Re: Opinion?Letter to US Census Dept.
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
HA HA! Wolf! Does Southwest charge you for two seats, too? I guess up where you are, it's Northwest... laugh

#52595 - 06/27/02 08:44 PM Re: Opinion?Letter to US Census Dept.
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Cali,

Actually I fit into a single seat, it's just that the people on either side of me have very small seats - rolleyes

My biggest problem really is finding a place to stick my 13+ WWW feet without making the person in front of me feeling like I'm becoming "a little too familiar with them." wink

On one flight, after they'd served meals, and had extras, the attendant came back and asked me if I'd like a "second." Of course I took it. Who can resist unknown meat, with an unknown variety of potatoes, served on what may have been lettuce a few weeks earlier, followed by a green dessert called chocolate cake. confused

I wonder why they don't add sizes to the census. Maybe us bigger folks could get some clothes made for us if the statistics showed there's lots of us around. smile

Wolf (Who's idea of a diet is only getting two eggs with his ham, bacon, sausage, hash browns, and wheat toast for breakfast.)

#52596 - 06/28/02 08:41 AM Re: Opinion?Letter to US Census Dept.
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
I, for one, think there should be a separate category for New Yorkers, as we are unique. I resent being classified with the rest of the Americans when that would include, among other things, Texans. Also in California, how do you people from the nice parts deal with being lumped in with Los Angeles? Yucky. laugh

#52597 - 06/28/02 09:12 AM Re: Opinion?Letter to US Census Dept.
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Don't tell me you've never heard about the north vs. south war that rages in California Asterault-
SF and the rest of the northern part swear they are completed unrelated to the LA basin and south - and that portion of the state has yet to come out of the smog and lala-land attitude to discover they've been insulted! rolleyes

FYI - Only a Californian by birth is allowed to say that!

And now back to the topic of the thread - :o

#52598 - 06/28/02 09:16 PM Re: Opinion?Letter to US Census Dept.
mikerod76 Offline

Loc: florida
ERT wrote:

"I don´t want to offend any people from LatinAmerica but I don´t want either that the image of my country (Spain) or the images of Spaniards is almost always misconfused with what the Mexicans or Bolivians do in the US."

I feel a little uneasy with the term "image" and what it implies. If I accept ERT's statement using the term "image," evey time I see a Gitano that says he or she is from(born in)Spain, I will say look at that Spaniard. I am sure that does not go over well with the Spaniards. Are the Spaniards suggesting that they are the only Spanish-speaking people to mark white? My parents are Cuban/Puerto Rican and I am more white than any Spaniard I have seen except for some Basques. How did that happen? rolleyes
I could be wrong to ERT's intentions. Either way it was a bad choice of a word.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments