Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#52512 - 06/10/02 03:39 PM When to Visit in September?
dargus Offline

Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Well, I am back (again) looking at finally getting over to Spain after two, yes, count 'em, two last minute cancellations in the past two years. After I had cancelled this past May I vowed to make it my numero uno priority to book ASAP for next May. Lo and behold I may be able to do it in September for two weeks. The question is, is mid-September a good time to visit Madrid and the Sevilla? or will it be too hot and brown (burned out look from the hot summer)? Am I better off to wait until next May when it is green again?
Thanks so much!
Dargus

#52513 - 06/10/02 05:08 PM Re: When to Visit in September?
wyndyl Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Hey, Dargus...

I am so happy that you are finally(hopefully!) going to go...we missed you at the May Post-MM Gathering...
Perhaps next May, there will be a second edition to the Post MM dinner...Good luck with all this!

Wyndyl

#52514 - 06/10/02 07:16 PM Re: When to Visit in September?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
dargus, this is FANTASTIC news!! I REALLY hope you can make it this time. But does it HAVE to be in September? Is it because of school somehow? I think mid-September will still be quite hot. Can you wait until sometime in October? This is a GREAT month to visit all of Spain and the airfares are at their cheapest AFTER springtime travel.

The next "Party With MadridMan: Version 4.0" will most likely be sometime surrounding the Easter holiday. Can't wait! smile

Again, congratulations!! You are probably much more "LOADED" with information from our insightful members here than ever before having had to delay your trip.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#52515 - 06/10/02 07:27 PM Re: When to Visit in September?
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
dargus, I was in Spain in mid-September a number of years ago, and thought it was fine...still warm, but nothing like July or August! I liked that Madrid was bustling again after the summer holidays and found that reservations were incredibly easy to make. Also, some towns seemed to be having festivals at that time.

If September works, and the alternative is to wait until NEXT YEAR!!!!!, go for it! NEVER put off a trip to Spain when you don't have to, is my motto!

#52516 - 06/11/02 04:36 AM Re: When to Visit in September?
richardmadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Go for September/October. Great months. Harvest time in the grape country. Everybody is back from summer holidays and look great. cool

These last two years May is definitely a no-no.
Terrible weather... cold and rainy and generally miserable.

#52517 - 06/11/02 05:21 AM Re: When to Visit in September?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Dargus writes:
Quote:
... I may be able to do it in September for two weeks. The question is, is mid-September a good time to visit Madrid and the Sevilla? or ... Am I better off to wait until next May when it is green again?
Mid-to-late September is a great time to visit Spain.
Prices for lodging will be down from their (August) peaks and there are much fewer tourists around. My first reaction was to tell you about el Dia de Cantabria that is celebrated in Santander (capital of that Province / Autonomous Region) on September 15th. The Montañeros know how to throw a party. cool

Then I remembered that this is an even-numbered year; so you'll find Sevilla's Biennial Flamenco Festival at its peak in September. It continues to about the first week of October. rolleyes

If you want green, go to Galicia or to Ireland. I don't think la Mancha ever gets very green. eek

#52518 - 06/14/02 12:11 PM Re: When to Visit in September?
dargus Offline

Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Thanks for the replies! This is a tough one for me as I have to admit that spring has always been the time that I want to visit due to the green and festivals a;ong with longer daylight hours. I have read that October can be quite nice also but, I don't know, I much prefer September if possible. Right now airfares are ridiculous from Canada, even for fall, so i need to weigh my options. Can I wait eleven months? I will keep in touch.
Thanks again!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments