Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5236 - 02/09/03 06:55 PM What to de re an EARLY flight out
kjrivas Offline

Loc: NYC Suburb
Our last night in Madrid, we have a flight out at 7:30 am - therefore leaving our hotel at 5:15 a.m. I want to just book one room for my husband and two kids for this last night since we really will not do much sleeping and I do not feel like spending the extra +/- 95 Euros for the second room....The rest of our trip we have two rooms every night. Please let me know if it is okay to have two extra kids (11 & 13) in a room we are booking as a double (for one very short night only). - My husband (hope he was joking) said we should just hang out and go to the airport after midnight.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

#5237 - 02/09/03 10:04 PM Re: What to de re an EARLY flight out
Espe3 Offline

You'll have to ask the hotel. But I wouldn't think you'd even have to explain...they're not going to be able to PROVE all of you are sleeping there! but you know, your husband does have a point! You don't have to go at midnight, but hop in a cab a little later, give the kiddies the enjoyment of sleeping WAY past their bedtime... and then go to the airport at 4 or 5! Everyone will sleep on the plane! THAT'S for sure! Trust me, from having made MANY long trips with strange layovers, hanging out in the Airport for a few hours or even crashing on the seats isn't too bad- but I will admit, its not for everyone!

#5238 - 02/09/03 11:02 PM Re: What to de re an EARLY flight out
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
I'm not sure what could happen with the hotel, you'll probably be fine, but I agree with your husband! Normally when I go to Europe, we stay up all night the night before we leave, take a shower, and hit the road with plenty of time to get breakfast at the airport, and then sleep as much on the plane home as possible. That seems to get us right back into our time zone quicker than if we were to sleep for a couple of hours the night before we left.

Have a great trip!

-GG

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments