Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#52328 - 05/14/02 10:31 AM We're sooo proud of Pau Gasol!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
(At least I am). Pau Gasol : He was interviewed on Spanish tv yesterday, and on top of his great achievement becoming the NBA's Rookie of the Year, he appears to have managed to remain a down-to-earth charming young fellow. smile

¡Viva Pau!

pim

P.S.:I love this game! laugh

#52329 - 05/14/02 11:24 AM Re: We're sooo proud of Pau Gasol!
jensdog Offline

Loc: Houston, TX 77006
Maybe now my Spanish friends will finally appreciate el baloncesto a little more!

#52330 - 05/18/02 10:00 PM Re: We're sooo proud of Pau Gasol!
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Pau Gasol is a very good NBA style player. If he puts on a few pounds of muscle he can become a dominant player, somewhere within the top 20 players in the league, and that's very good. What makes him interesting is the fact that by the time he accepted an NBA offer, and paid his Spanish team back for what he'd owe them, he made very little money this year... and did it, without any guarantees. That takes guts, when you leave millions of dollars laying on the table, not knowing if you have the skills to make the grade. He and Dirk Nowitzki of the Mavs (via Germany), are proof that European basketball is getting better all the time.

Wolf

#52331 - 05/22/02 11:17 AM Re: We're sooo proud of Pau Gasol!
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I saw the interview on Canal+ last week...and you're not the only one who's proud of Pau. They re-ran that interview EVERY DAMN DAY for at least a week. I was more interested in the attractive female host of the show...er...You're right on all accounts...his boyish charm is contagious, and he does seem like all of this celebrity is taking him quite by surprise. I just hope the collection of thugs and jerks in the NBA doesn't "stain" his refreshing personality!

#52332 - 05/22/02 01:12 PM Re: We're sooo proud of Pau Gasol!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Cali,

I would confess that I thought Pau was the attractive one there, if only it didn't seem SO UNAPROPIATE!!! (he's 21, and I'm 31!!!)

The woman you mention is named Ana García Sineriz (or is it Siñeriz?), and you're NOT the only admirer she has!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mah-g, Ricardo Mata
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1802 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments