Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#52309 - 05/07/02 07:12 AM ¡Qué vergüenza!//Shame, shame....
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
During the past few days, there has been a number of awful violent incidents involving both soccer players and out of control fanatics in several Spanish provinces.
Some have been real battles, and in some cases, the attackers have been real "lucky" that their brutal actions haven't caused any fatal outcome.
frown
Watching them on the tv news, it looks like we're back to being cave men.
I've never liked this "sport-turned-megabusiness", but after this, I might be on my way to become 'fútbol-phobic'.

pim

#52310 - 05/07/02 08:20 AM Re: ¡Qué vergüenza!//Shame, shame....
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Agree. Sports and violence are not a good mixing. I can't understand how someone can hit another one just for a sport...

The Government should do something to stop this non-sense.

Fernando

#52311 - 05/07/02 08:35 AM Re: ¡Qué vergüenza!//Shame, shame....
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
I agree what a shame that not everybody can enjoy a match peacefully. I was at the latest Valladolid match against Real Sociedad (BTW terrible game frown )and witnessed first hand the crazyness of a beligerent peña. I was shocked at their behaviour, but even more shocked at the billy clubs that the police were using. In the US when the police expel someone violent from a game, they handcuff and drag out the thug, but here in Spain they just club them out of the stadium. In the States we only club reckless driving suspects under the influence of alchol or LSD.

Why can´t we all just get along! laugh

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1588 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments