Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#52290 - 05/07/02 09:56 AM Re: Antonio Machado - anyone tell me anything about him?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
esperanza

I have looked up the album by Joan Manuel Serrat on Amazon and spent the last 10 minutes listening to a little of each track (I wasn't expecting to be able to find it, let alone listen to it!)

Can you tell me, does the album sleeve cover have the poems' words on? I would imagine that it does. I wonder if the CD cover does. Don't you find it annoying when you buy a CD these days (old woman Jo! rolleyes ) with little or no information on?

I'll show the Amazon info to Jes later and see what he thinks.

Jo

#52291 - 05/07/02 10:21 AM Re: Antonio Machado - anyone tell me anything about him?
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Jo,

Yes! The album has all the words. I don't know about the CD. I am so glad you got to hear it...it is a fabulous album!
Saludos,
Esperanza

#52292 - 05/07/02 11:17 AM Re: Antonio Machado - anyone tell me anything about him?
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
For more Spanish poems in song form with lyrics included (from authors from Quevedo and Gongora to Machado and Neruda) try any disc from Paco Ibañez. He's impossible to find on this side of the Atlantic, but available in Spain and France. Incredible, incredible music. To hear a poem from the 14th century (from Arcipreste de Hita) that still rings true today, is incredible. For an incredible collection of poems on line try Poesias

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2086 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments