Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#52272 - 04/24/02 06:37 PM Is the grass greener?
Brien Offline

Loc: Minneapolis
Hi,

After being out in the real world for a while..it makes me question what I want to do with my life. I have to remember that when I was studying in Spain, I was just doing that...not working!

Anyway, a break in my life just came. I am being laid off from my supposedly secure job...Believe me, I work for a public University....and I'm part of the Union....

Anyhow, I had planned a trip to the UK in May...but because I am being laid off in June (the end of June)...I decided to postpone my 9 day trip to 3 week trip or longer! So I am coming to Spain after a week in the UK.

Anyhow, my question is this...should I bum around Europe for a while...or should I just enjoy the 3 weeks and then look for another job. I am not a money motivated person but I think that working in Spain would probably ruin what I enjoy about it.

Has anyone had this experience?

I guess I am just rambling.

thank you,

Brian

#52273 - 04/25/02 02:21 AM Re: Is the grass greener?
nevado Offline

Sorry, I don't have much time but here is my experience/perspective in a nutshell. I had also studied in Spain and loved it. Four years later I decided to move back but always wondered if it would be impossible to recapture the "glory days" as I would be working and not studying. Let me tell you, the five years I spent there were the best five of my life (including the year I had studied there). It just built upon the previous experience and took it to another level. I didn't feel like my stay was going to end like it had the first time and you are more integrated into the culture, working and living, not just a temporary guest. Just my perspective. smile

#52274 - 04/25/02 10:25 AM Re: Is the grass greener?
LW Offline

Loc: USA
Brian, Unless you are rich with money, then no matter where you are in the world, you must work to live. You have to know, that every place has their positives and negatives of living in that country, and know that nothing is perfect. So ask yourself, "Do I feel at 'home' here?" (the country that pulls at your soul), and if yes, then try to make a go at it in the most realistic way. And then you will see if Spain, or wherever you are, is what you really want.
Always try to hold onto the positives things in life, and have an open mind, and if you can do that, then you can never go wrong. So good luck to wherever you've decide to place your feet....
smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments