Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#52206 - 04/03/02 03:15 AM Whats summer weather like in madrid??
ChrisS Offline

Loc: EE.UU.
I going to madrid in late june(2nd trip to spain --sooo excited, reading about MM's exploits in madrid and actually knowing the places he's talking about makes me so green with envy) --what is the weather like? Is it dry, humid,whatever. I heard it can get over 100 degrees in the city.

#52207 - 04/03/02 10:36 AM Re: Whats summer weather like in madrid??
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
HOT.

That's the weather. I spent the later part of the summer in Madrid. Being from Texas, I was used to the heat, but I still got worn out just from being out in the daytime. If you can avoid being outside during the day, you'll be fine. Otherwise, just be sure to drink plenty of water.

I'll never forget my day trip to Toledo, the temperature that day was 112 degrees

#52208 - 04/03/02 11:08 PM Re: Whats summer weather like in madrid??
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
I'll amend the previous post....

SO DARN HOT.

I am from Florida, and we don't have heat like that where I come from. It's an oven--hot, dry, hot.

Find airconditioned restaurants, wear comfy clothes and shoes, and be prepared to just be hot.

It's worth it.

#52209 - 04/04/02 04:05 AM Re: Whats summer weather like in madrid??
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
. . . and it's so easy to find somewhere cool to get inside that has marble floors etc. Of course, if you are in the middle of Retiro or somewhere, you might just have to lie down in the shade (what a shame! rolleyes )

I'm from UK and not used to this kind of heat, but have been in Madrid twice in August. I had no problem even though I am that soft person who always reckons she can't deal with either hot or cold weather.

Those museums are PERFECT for the hottest moments of the day. And Museo del Jamon has the biggest airconditioning equipment I have ever seen!

Just make sure you always have plenty of water with you.

Have a cool time.

Jo

#52210 - 04/04/02 05:38 AM Re: Whats summer weather like in madrid??
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

the weather in madrid for summer is not totally hot.though ive never been to madrid in the summer(ive only been there once in the winter)i know that its not totally hot.let me explain,it is hot but only in the daytime.even a bathing suit would be too much to wear.by night it has almost the best weather possible and quite breezy.great for sitting at the terrazas in the plaza mayor or at the paseo de la castellana which are closed between november and april.besides that may and october is the best time in madrid and the meseta in general weatherwise. cool

#52211 - 04/04/02 07:34 AM Re: Whats summer weather like in madrid??
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Chris,

The previous posts talk mostly about the weather in August, that's the hottest time!!!; June however should mean WONDERFUL WEATHER with still some of the plants and flowers in bloom (now they're in full bloom and it's BEAUTIFUL), but a little hotter and even more in July. Proof of this is that everybody wants to get married on June to have the most possibilities of for a gorgeous day.
(Of course this is theory, but with weather you never know; at the beginning of last week it was summery and today it's SNOWING in some places!!!) eek

#52212 - 04/08/02 04:05 AM Re: Whats summer weather like in madrid??
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
el calor de Madrid?

'seis meses de invierno, seis meses de infierno.'
- i'm not sure who wrote that, but i think it was
antonio buero vallejo

#52213 - 04/08/02 10:32 AM Re: Whats summer weather like in madrid??
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Jo's right---it is always possible to escape the heat somewhere, and the evenings do cool down quite a bit.

Just remember to drink more water than you think you can stand (don't just rely on the little bottles you get at meals--they are never enough to keep you hydrated). Go to the grocery store, get a couple of liter bottles, and keep one with you at all times. Drink, drink, drink! If it's really hot and dry, you won't notice yourself getting sweaty--but you lose LOTS of water.

And if you drink alcohol in the evenings, always follow up with a HUGE drink of water (and perhaps a couple of aspirins!) before you go to bed. Ditto in the morning.

smile

#52214 - 04/08/02 02:39 PM Re: Whats summer weather like in madrid??
ChrisS Offline

Loc: EE.UU.
Wow, thanks for all of the input--For all the minnesotans--adios wet mugy summer!!

vale,
venga,
hasta luego

Chris

#52215 - 04/08/02 04:21 PM Re: Whats summer weather like in madrid??
replay Offline

Loc: Madrid
"Madrid, 9 meses de invierno y 3 de infierno".

Madrid is hot and dry in summer, some days are terrific, but it is really strange to get more than 104 F or 40 C.

The usual temperatures for the hottest days are about 36-38º (96-100 F) , but there are not more than 15-20 days with this highs in the WHOLE summer.

June appears to be a pleasant month with warm days and fresh nights, but nobody can assure the temperature, you could have a really cool day or the worst hotty day.

BUT ENJOY MADRID!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments