Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5211 - 02/07/03 08:20 PM One night in Madrid
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I'll be spending one night in Madrid the night before I return to the states on April 19th. I'm trying to find a central hotel near the Puerto del Sol/Plaza Santa Ana so I can go tapas hopping. I'll be on my own so I need to feel safe and don't want to have to walk far. My budget goes up to 100 euros, however I prefer non-chain hotels with atmosphere. I tried Hotel Europa but they're booked. I should probably book quickly as this is the day before Easter.

Thanks in advance for your help. wink

#5212 - 02/13/03 10:36 PM Re: One night in Madrid
mgarcia Offline

Loc: detroit
I recently stayed at the Capitol Tryp located on Gran Via and it only cost $77usd...its very close to puerto del sol and plaza mayor. The rooms were clean and the breakfast buffet was outstanding. At first I tried several websites that were charging $120-140 usd...when I went to travelocity, they got it for me at 77usd. let me know if you need more infro

#5213 - 02/14/03 04:50 AM Re: One night in Madrid
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
Can recommend the Hotel Santander on c/de Echegaray. Ideally located for Santa Ana/Huertas. Nice big rooms with private bath, approx 65 euros. Sadly, no website to check out though.

#5214 - 02/14/03 04:56 AM Re: One night in Madrid
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
CathyM writes:
Quote:
... spending one night in Madrid the night before I return to the states on April 19th. I'm trying to find a central hotel near the Puerto del Sol/Plaza Santa Ana so I can go tapas hopping...
Just to let you know, Cathy: Madrid's largest Semana Santa Procession will take place Friday evening (4/18) on C/Mayor near the area where you are looking. It may not be the best night of the year for Tasca-hopping, especially in that neighborhood. rolleyes

#5215 - 02/14/03 03:53 PM Re: One night in Madrid
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
Thanks everyone. I ended up booking a night at the Principe 11 based on recommendations from this board.

Eddie- I'll be in Sevilla from Wed-Sat afternoon of Semana Santa. I think there may be something going on there. wink wink laugh

#5216 - 02/15/03 04:02 AM Re: One night in Madrid
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
CathyM writes:
Quote:
I'll be in Sevilla from Wed-Sat afternoon of Semana Santa. I think there may be something going on there.
AVISO!
A problem you may not have considered for Semana Santa in Sevilla: Due to the large number of Processions Thursday and Friday, many streets will be closed during certain hours; bus routes will be disrupted and Taxistas will "take you for a ride!" eek The Ayuntamiento de Sevilla publishes a booklet each year giving the schedules for street closings (processions). Ask a Taxista for one and take it from there. rolleyes
Quote:
I'll be spending one night in Madrid the night before I return to the states on April 19th.
We've got some conflicting information here eek
I guess what you meant to say is that you will be spending the night of April 19th in Madrid before returning to the States Sunday, April 20th. I understood you to have said you would be returning to the States on April 19th. My initial reply was based on a misunderstanding. Please disregard everything after: "Now listen carefully."

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments