Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#52122 - 03/22/02 11:21 AM Goya in Washington DC
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
For those who can´t get to the Museo del Prado. There is a Goya Exhibition in Washington D.C. For more information check out the Arts section of today´s (3/22/02) New York Times . Here is a link, but not sure if it will work if you aren´t registered online with the paper...
Capturing a Woman´s Power to Fascinate

#52123 - 03/22/02 12:23 PM Re: Goya in Washington DC
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
[Originally posted by jmcarr... on 03-22-2002]

FYI for anyone in or visiting the Washington, DC area, there is a new Goya exhibit at the National Gallery that was done in cooperation with the Prado. There til June 2.

Ooops! Just saw that Chica posted the same information (plus a web article) a couple of minutes before me. Sorry about the double post.

#52124 - 03/22/02 01:29 PM Re: Goya in Washington DC
Guapetona Offline

thanks guys!! i had nooo idea. goya is a favorite of mine. i'll definitely check it out!

#52125 - 03/22/02 02:12 PM Re: Goya in Washington DC
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Not as big as 'Goya '95,' a celebration of the 250th anniversary of Goya's birth, which extended all over Spain, from Fuendetodos to Santiago de Compostela. I just visited the one at Madrid's Museo del Prado: It included some of Francisco de Goya y Lucientes' works from several private colections. One had to travel considerably to see many of his frescos and tapistries (even to the Palacio Réal). I may still have the brochure describing where one must go to see Goya's works that were not displayed at the Prado.
I wonder if the Goya exhibit will have any more stops in the USA (Metropolitan Museum of Art or the Philadelphia Art Museum). rolleyes

#52126 - 03/22/02 02:19 PM Re: Goya in Washington DC
Cortés Offline

Loc: Denver, Colorado
My wife and I just came back from Madrid (I will post more about our trip later, but in summary our trip was GRRRRREAT!)
My wife was a little disappointed to know that the Majas were out on vacation. For me that's an excuse to go back to Madrid...he he.
We talked to a very nice lady at the Prado (one of the employees) and let me tell you that she was not happy to see the Majas leaving their home.
I was glad to see the Meninas for the ?? time. The funny thing about this painting is that there is always a group of people arguing about the true meaning of the painting. There's always the usual "he was painting this or he was painting that"...it's a lot fun!
More later...
E. Cortés

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments