Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#52047 - 02/20/02 10:12 AM Re: Festival in Tui ?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Yo VigoBoy! How's about a translation for our fine, non-Spanish-reading visitors/members? Thanks! smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#52048 - 02/20/02 11:51 AM Re: Festival in Tui ?
VigoBoy Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
MM,

I hear you. I am not the Spanish speaker I hope to be so I will give it a shot.

They are telling me that San Telmo day, Saint Telmo being the patron saint of Tui, is the 8th of April, although the festival will probably begin the week before, from the 28th of March on.
The celebration for the baby eel will be on the 7th of April, on which you will be able to taste/sample the baby eels in the tent that is set up in the street.
The nights are usually pleasant with orchestras/bands playing in the center of town as well.

Sounds like a pretty cool time. I love the festivals in Galicia for the bucolic atmosphere. You will definitely have the excellent Albarino wine, already mentioned in this thread, in abundance and eel is pretty good too. Not to mention, you might have dancing under the lights strung from the buildings and trees.

Come to think of it, can I go too?!?!

#52049 - 02/20/02 12:05 PM Re: Festival in Tui ?
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
Thank you so much Vigo Boy laugh laugh laugh

If I'm able to get on the flight (I'm flying stand-by) April 6th I should be able to go to the festival. Now I just have to figure out if I want to try to stay in Tui or get there by bus/train (I'll be by myself and don't want to drive alone). wink

Again, thanks, and MadridMan this board is excellent!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments