Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5186 - 02/04/03 03:15 PM Cheap hotel in Madrid w/ kids
viequense Offline

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
Hi! I am traveling to Madrid in less than two weeks. I need a cheap safe place to stay and I will be taking my two children with me who are ages 9 and 12. I do not mind the hostel atmosphere and think it might be good for them to experience it. A hotel is fine too. I have done some research and have come up with these names:
Hostal Las Murallas, Hostal Barajas, Hostal Lorenzo, Hostal Lopez, Hotel Rivera, Hostel Paz and Hostel Residencia Luz. Open to others too. ALSO...any recommendations of fun things to do with kids this age would be wonderful and any side trips (thinking of Toledo)

THANKS!

Julia

#5187 - 02/04/03 04:45 PM Re: Cheap hotel in Madrid w/ kids
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I stayed in Hostal Lopez last summer with two kids and it was ok. I am returning in a couple weeks and going to stay at Hostal Chelo . Antonio from the Hostal Chelo gives so many good tips on this website that I felt it had to be a safe place to stay!!

#5188 - 02/04/03 09:46 PM Re: Cheap hotel in Madrid w/ kids
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
You and your kids are going to have a great time in Madrid. smile It is such a friendly city. I was in Madrid with my kids two summers ago and they really enjoyed the MadridVision tour bus around the city, the Reina Sofía to see Picasso and Miró's works, The Royal Palace, Casa Botín restaurante ( reserve a table downstairs in the bodega and go late)...the Tuna singing mistrels come by ...it is so much fun.

As for a sidetrip: my kids liked Toeldo but LOVED Segovia. The aqueduct is amazing and the Alcázar is so cool cool . You will love it...it is a very charming town. Although I love Toledo ( especially in the evening when the daytrippers leave!) I would vote for Segovia with the kids and their ages.

I cannot give you any suggestions on hotels/hostels, but you should really read the former posts...do a search and you will find a wealth of information. Have a wonderful time! and let us know about your trip when you return. smile

#5189 - 02/05/03 06:13 PM Re: Cheap hotel in Madrid w/ kids
viequense Offline

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
Anyone know anything about the 1 Huertas Apartment , it is available while I was planning on being in Madrid! Then maybe my last night I will stay at the Chelo . Any opinions?

Julia

#5190 - 02/10/03 09:16 AM Re: Cheap hotel in Madrid w/ kids
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
We stayed at Huertas last summer with our 2 kids and loved it. I would return in a heartbeat. One thing to be aware of, there is a double bed in the bedroom and a pullout sofa in the living room. The apartment has a somewhat open floor plan and there is no door between the bedroom and living room. If your family doesn't mind the lack of privacy, it is a terrific place, great location and cheap! The owners are fabulous, too.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments