MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#51709 - 11/09/01 08:16 AM Re: New ETA bombing in Madrid
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Fernando,

There is no justification to what these people did. They don't represent the Basques. They are terrorists - not representative of anything other than the same mentality than fuels people like bin Laden.

These actions, the bomb, and the assassination, are no less heinous than the attacks made by the terrorists on the WTC. They have to be brought to justice. None of these people should ever be allowed to see the outside of a prison cell until the day they die.

Nativo, our prayers go out to your colleague, in hopes that she will regain her sight. She did nothing to deserve being injured, or attacked, by anyone.

Rest assured, American intelligence capability will be turned in the direction of ETA as well as al-Qaida, since they've shown they are brothers-in-arms. Please! Don't laugh at America's capability. There's nothing they can't do, if they set their mind to it, and there won't be any "do-gooders" standing in the way of swift strikes, and roadside justice, where the perpetrators never see the light of a court room.

Wolf

#51710 - 11/09/01 09:18 AM Re: New ETA bombing in Madrid
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Fernando, I wouldn't believe everything that those terrorists say. After all, what they intent to do above everything else is that, to terrorize us in every way they can, and saying that they planned to blow up Torre Picasso two years ago it's a very easy way to achieve that, after all is Spain's tallest building(I think) and was built by the same arquitect as the NY Twin Towers. Only they know if it's true, of course, but personally I think they could be bragging just like they faked the truce you also mention.
I refuse to fall for ETA's or Bin Laden's propaganda!!
saludos, y feliz puente!!

#51711 - 11/09/01 09:56 AM Re: New ETA bombing in Madrid
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Wolf I fully agree with you. I really respect any policy regarding the Basque Country, even if I don't share it. But any idea may and should be defended by pacific means. And yes, they don't represent basques, they represent the evil and the devil.

I'm really glad the US decided to help us a year ago, I know and I expect great results from this colaboration. Again, thanks to US we will have the chance and the possibility to live without being afraid of being blown up.

Pim, that is an interesting point of view. This ETA member could well be lying. If so, why do they want to say that? They know that the analogy with the WTC attack is very strong, and that they international image would be harmed if they blown the Torre Piccaso.

I really don't know what to think. What I know is that those 1700 Kg of explosive were going elsewhere, and that the target would have been blasted the 22th of December, in the Christmas time. frown

(You see, I said I wouldn't discuss and now I'm breaking what I said, sorry. I hope noone feels ofended).

Fernando

#51712 - 11/09/01 10:55 AM Re: New ETA bombing in Madrid
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Fernando,
Always remember their mentality isn't like yours or mine; in their twisted minds and wicked agenda the absolute #1 priority is to disrupt our peace and tranquility, which they've done now for at least five thousand madrileños who work at Torre Picasso and their families & friends. The analogy only suits them for this purpose, with all the paranoia going on.
I'd think that the possible repercussions on people's opinions abroad aren't their main concern; I actually suspect that they believe to be seen by many foreigners as martyrs or at least poor people oppresed by Spanish nationalists!!

saludos, p.

#51713 - 11/10/01 12:02 PM Re: New ETA bombing in Madrid
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
I think it is the shared feeling of many on this board that the ETA is most definately not representative of the Basque community. The mere fact of the possibility of Torre Piccaso being a possible (or probable) target of terrorism is frightening. And the parralles with the World Trade Center
can, in itself, cause massive fear - the desired reaction of all terrorists.

A question/thought - can bin Lauden and his group of "crazies" have any influence, directly or indirectly in the funding, training, or otherwise aiding the ETA? We know for sure that al-Qaida / bin Lauden has been active in France. Has anyone seen or heard anything to indicate the possible tie in between al-Qaida and the ETA?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments