MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#51699 - 11/06/01 07:47 AM New ETA bombing in Madrid
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Just to inform our little community (not to discuss it).

ETA has again put a bomb-car in Madrid, at 11,15 this morning, trying to kill a secretary of the Ministry of Defense. The result was that one hundred people have been injured.

Fortunately, a Madrid citizen has followed the two terrorists who activated the bomb, and both have been kept by the police. A police operation followed. I think they are looking for the rest of the group or their material.

Fernando

#51700 - 11/06/01 09:17 AM Re: New ETA bombing in Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
That is a shame! I just read about it on El País . HERE -> ( http://www.elpais.es/ultimahora/media/200111/06/espana/20011106elpepunac_1_G_LCO.gif ) is a map of where the car bombing took place. It's outside/northeast from the old city's center if I'm not mistaken. Such a shame. Thank god no one was killed (this time).

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#51701 - 11/06/01 12:44 PM Re: New ETA bombing in Madrid
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
If I'm not mistaken that's very close to the Avda. de America bus station (where I get my Continental-Auto bus to Santander or the bus to Barajas (& Metro Avda. de America). It's getting too close to places we usually pass thru when we visit Madrid! eek

#51702 - 11/06/01 09:10 PM Re: New ETA bombing in Madrid
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I noticed on jamiemiguel's msn.com post that they put "Mother and Three-year old Child Among Injured". Hmmm...

The lesson on this one is clearly pointed out by Fernando: An alert neighbor noticed something suspicious, alerted police, and they arrested two suspects. They apparently had with them wigs, sidearms, false documents, etc.

I think we can ALL learn from the good that it does, not to be fanatic, but to be aware of what's going on around...thanks for the post to both who gave article links.

#51703 - 11/07/01 07:27 AM Re: New ETA bombing in Madrid
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Again ETA has killed.

It seems like if they were frustrated yesterday, so today they have killed a judge from the Basque Country. His name: Jose María Lidón. When the killers shot him, he was with his wife and with one of his sons.

frown

When will this non-sense stop?

Fernando

#51704 - 11/07/01 02:11 PM Re: New ETA bombing in Madrid
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
frown When will the nonsense stop and when will people finally figure out that neither endangering, harming nor killing people is the way to achieve their goals. Our hearts are with you Fernando -

#51705 - 11/07/01 02:35 PM Re: New ETA bombing in Madrid
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
The last bomb happened just by the parking entrance of my company, one of our collegues got severe injuries and doctors are still trying to save her eyes. Just by chance I didn't go to the building that morning...

The whole building, moved with the explosion. Our medical services give "happy hour" on Valium.

#51706 - 11/07/01 06:44 PM Re: New ETA bombing in Madrid
Felix Offline

Loc: madrid
Puna, those people are not really fighting for achieving any kind of goal; they are just savages murders who have been killing all kind of people during the last decades.
Nativo, hope your collegue saves her eye.

#51707 - 11/07/01 09:22 PM Re: New ETA bombing in Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
[originally posted by Andrés on 11-07-2001 08:34 PM]

Yesterday another bomb exploded in Madrid. Something that happens from time to time but this time it was different. A member of the public followed the car in which the terrorists where trying to escape. He called the police with his cell phone, being the result: two terrorists caught and the Madrid terrorist Squad put out of action.
A.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#51708 - 11/08/01 08:02 PM Re: New ETA bombing in Madrid
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Thanks all for posting; specially Puna.

Today a frightening new have been published, but before I tell you of it let's put you in context.

Three years ago ETA declared a stop in their actions (after 3 comandos had been jailed and having the lower support from their activists). According to the Government the treaty was only a trap in which ETA continued gathering info on possible targets and rearmed new comandos (which later has come to be true).

When ETA declared the peace broken (without reason) suddenly the Guardia Civil (one of our national polices) discovered two vans in the highway between Zaragoza and Madrid. This two vans had 1700 kilograms of TNT!!! (to kill the last victim they did it with 40Kg).

Noone knew which was the target of this huge amount of explosive. The people told that the target was one of the Soccer Stadiums (Real Madrid or Atlético), a bridge, or even the Barajas Airport (which for sure would have great international impact and lots of victims).

The other day, as I posted in this board, two ETA terrorists were captured fleeing from the bombing they had just commited (thanks to a hero, a man who pursued them with his own car and call police to tell them where the terrorists were going). One of the captured terrorists have unveiled (today) the target of the 1,7 tons of explosive: The Torre Piccaso, the highest building of Madrid, 45 floors and 5.000 people working inside everyday.

According to this terrorist, the plan was to locate the vans in the parking and blast the tower at 8 o'clock in the evening, a time in which the workers are leaving the building (a massacre granted), and that anyone that has drived or walked through Madrid knows that the Paseo de la Castellana is full of cars and people.

Fortunately those bastards are now in jail, and the vans were stoped in time... God knows what could have happen.

Fernando

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments