Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#51540 - 09/06/01 07:51 PM Re: This is for Fernando
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hi all.

I'm not surprised about these opinions about myself because I always seem quite vehement wink

I have only to say a couple of things regarding this matter:
1º) My reasons for participating in this message board are: to practice my english, to show forgeiners about my country and to learn more about other cultures.
2º) If this was a message board uniquely for americans I wouldn't be here
3º) I don't try to convince other of my opinions, I express myself vehemently (sometimes I may seem rude to the american taste, it's my way of being, sorry).
4º) If you don't like my points of view then, why do you read them?

Thanks to the other posters for their opinions. I will keep on posting until MM tell me to not.

Fernando

#51541 - 09/06/01 08:36 PM Re: This is for Fernando
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Fernando,

Vehemently is good! It shows conviction.

Wolf (Kinda vehement himself at times... laugh )

#51542 - 09/06/01 08:50 PM Re: This is for Fernando
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I can appreciate the candor and slight sarcasm of the original post. I think there are a lot of "us Americans" who think we are the end-all be-all. I have yet to run across any on this board, though.

I feel that if we all realize that we can all learn something, as Fernando points to as one of his reasons for being on this board, then we'll all be better off. The moment we try to take ourselves too seriously or make a post for the expressed purpose of "convincing" someone to think as we do, we have missed the point, and fail, usually alienating others in the process.

Don't make me sit in the backseat, MadridMan!

CaliBasco [Who prefers a Smint (hecho en Barcelona) to a Vehement]

#51543 - 09/06/01 08:58 PM Re: This is for Fernando
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Just to make clear what was meant by my above post, I think of 99.9% of you as my friendly family and enjoy all your opinions UNTIL someone starts shouting names and directing some form of hate towards another person on this board. So please be kind to each other. Heated discussion is GREAT, but let's not allow emotions to get the better part of us.

I'd like to continue to see the message board a happy and interesting place for all to visit and not LOSE current/future members because the "tone" of the environment here becomes negative. Thank you all. smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#51544 - 09/07/01 06:03 PM Re: This is for Fernando
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I just received this Private Message a few hours ago from one of our message board members. Sad.. very sad.

Quote:
From my personal perspective, seeing what happened to Fernando in several trends (ETA, the cultural differences between US and Spain...)I can't say I feel confortable myself any more in expressing my opinions freely and contributing to the forum.

I really miss the tone of the trends when I first found the board (XXX months ago). Now is too tense. Sometimes you can feel that you are being judged in some trends. It looks like if you don't say the "right" things...you are risking e-linching

I'm all for free speach, but let's be sensitive too. Okay? Thank you, everyone!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#51545 - 09/08/01 12:17 PM Re: This is for Fernando
Zzeus11 Offline

Sensitive is good too, but not at the expense of the truth!
I personally like it when it gets 'hot and heavy', no personal insults, but Ignacio, Fernando et al, in my opinion have not yet crossed the line, some posts have been very close, though.
I like the feedom of opinion as long as we have the RESPECT for one another with it.

Finally, we all can thank MadridMan for this forum, without him we'd have nothing.

His word is the law here, and we better respect it, even if we don't always agree 100% !

Long live MadridMan and his, the best on the net, board!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments