Eddie, I'm not sure that Brits do go to Gib for medical treatment to tell you the truth. If you are retired, or work and pay the social security, then you are entitled to the same treatment as a Spanish national. Also waiting lists are shorter here and the medical services are second to none in my opinion. People taking holidays from Britain, France, Germany etc can also obtain "free" treatment here by requesting the relevant piece of paper from the social security office in their country of origin.

I'm pretty sure that the treatment we get on the Costa del Sol is superior in any case to what can be obtained in Gibraltar, given their limited resources.

By the way, Sue, the FNC is nothing more sinister than a group of us having a drink, or several, to unwind at the end of the working week. It started with just a few of us from our company, then grew to take in sometimes 15 to 18 of us. We organise weekends away too and generally have ourselves a good time. Work hard, but lots of play, too. One thing I will say though, is that none of us takes it for granted. My wife and I and half a dozen friends had a very relaxing (hot!) day on a beach yesterday and you wouldn't know who was living here and who was on holiday. The big difference is we don't save up all year and pay for the pleasure of a nice weekend like the one we just had, but we NEVER lose sight of the fact that we are so LUCKY to be in a position to do that. I'm sure most people who have spent a considerable time here think the same.