Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#51053 - 05/07/01 01:34 PM San Isidro
steveaqui Offline

Loc: Inglaterra
I'm going to be in Madrid from the 20th of May.I've noticed that people are referring to the San Isidro festival at this time.

How long does this festival last?

Is it specifically about bullfighting
or are there other activities/parties in Madrid associated with the festival?

#51054 - 05/08/01 10:17 AM Re: San Isidro
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi steveaqui! See the \"San Isidro in Madrid\" thread in the "Eating, Drinking, & Entertainment" forum for more information. smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#51055 - 05/08/01 03:37 PM Re: San Isidro
steveaqui Offline

Loc: Inglaterra
Thanks MadridMan

#51056 - 05/11/01 06:04 PM Re: San Isidro
jer Offline

Loc: madrid, spain... the plaza may...
mad mad mad Hi Steve, as someone who is living the San Isidro 2001 festivities I am sorry to tell you that the fiesta ends the day you arrive, Ouch!!! They started the festivities today, May 11th with an amazing concert by "Hevia" (the Asturian Bagpipe player, "Tierra de Nadie" was his first CD and he is rather famous) and there are festivities (concerts, cocido madrileño cookout, etc...) planned throughout the city until the 20th. Thing die down by the 20th but I highly reccomend the Antique and Second hand book fare that goes until the 21st on el Paseo de Recoletos . It is a great book festival and is always in Madrid from the 5th to the 21st of May. So, San Isidro is not in the game plan unless you can change that ticket to Madrid and come earlier. Enjoy Madrid anyway as I am sure you will. Take care... jer... mad mad mad

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1921 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments