Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#51048 - 05/02/01 12:27 PM ¡Feliz dia de la Comunidad de Madrid!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hey Madrid!!!! ¡Feliz Dia de la Comunidad!! laugh laugh laugh

I was talking with my ladyfriend on the phone this morning, happened to mention today's date as May 2nd, and she herself didn't realize today is the HOLIDAY of the province of Madrid (not just the city, but the whole province). She realized had she been IN Madrid (yesterday was Labor Day and a holiday in Spain and much of Europe) today she'd have the day off. Unfortunately, I immediately depressed her.

Anyway, Happy Holiday to all en la Comunidad de Madrid!

Saludos, MadridMan

[ 05-02-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#51049 - 05/11/01 05:43 PM Re: ¡Feliz dia de la Comunidad de Madrid!
jer Offline

Loc: madrid, spain... the plaza may...
Thanks MM, that means a lot to us (adopted) Madrileños! Indeed May 2nd was the celebration of the ousting of the French from Spain and the famous uprising of the Villa of Madrid in the Puerta del Sol in 1808. At the risk of plugging my website, I have some great footage of the parade into the Plaza Mayor and the subsequent Zarzuela that takes place yearly on that fateful evening. Check it out if you want... jer. Great Dos de Mayo Stuff

#51050 - 05/11/01 06:45 PM Re: ¡Feliz dia de la Comunidad de Madrid!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
It seems someone is testing me.... <tick.... tick.....tick....>

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1623 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments