Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#51033 - 04/16/01 03:12 PM Holy Week in Madrid - Was Anyone there?
Eva Offline

Loc: Toronto
I have been told by many friends how wonderful Holy Week in Madrid is - was anyone there this year and if so,could you tell a little bit about it?

#51034 - 04/17/01 04:35 PM Re: Holy Week in Madrid - Was Anyone there?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I'm waiting for someone to let us know!

In my experience, the best places for Semana Santa are: 1) Sevilla, 2) Medina del Campo, and 3) Valladolid.

Anyone have any experiences to share from either of these places as well? I've done Semana Santa in Avilés (Asturias) as well, and for a small industrial town, they do a great procession. (You should see the bonfires there on San Juan!)

#51035 - 04/17/01 05:38 PM Re: Holy Week in Madrid - Was Anyone there?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Hey, and what about the Holy Week in Zamora!!!!.

#51036 - 04/20/01 11:45 AM Re: Holy Week in Madrid - Was Anyone there?
Leche Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
Just got back from Semana Santa in Granada...

Leche

#51037 - 04/20/01 02:11 PM Re: Holy Week in Madrid - Was Anyone there?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
LECHE!! What, are you TEASING us??!!! Sheesh! wink How dare you simply state that you were in Granada for Holy Week and deprive us of any details! wink

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#51038 - 04/20/01 03:31 PM Re: Holy Week in Madrid - Was Anyone there?
steveaqui Offline

Loc: Inglaterra
Just back from 11 nights in Sevilla and all of Semana Santa spent there, having flown into Madrid and taken the AVE to Sevilla. When I get some energy back I'll post a report. smile

#51039 - 04/20/01 03:45 PM Re: Holy Week in Madrid - Was Anyone there?
Leche Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
ha! sorry MM....forgot to mention that I posted my entire tour report under the General Chatter section.

Leche

#51040 - 04/23/01 01:21 PM Re: Holy Week in Madrid - Was Anyone there?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I love semana santa! I think the best place I was in for Semana Santa was Cordaba. That was a few years ago. We were in a different town for every night of holy week. I still have the smell of incense lingering in my brain. We did very small towns and large towns so everynight it was a new experience. If you have never been you should go check it out.

#51041 - 05/11/01 06:14 PM Re: Holy Week in Madrid - Was Anyone there?
jer Offline

Loc: madrid, spain... the plaza may...
Well Eva, you got loads of responses about Holy week in other cities but I wanted to tell you that I was indeed in Madrid for the start of Semana Santa and it gives the best of the Holy Weeks a run for their money. Although Sevilla has the most famous Holy Week in Spain, I think it is overrated. I enjoy that of Madrid because it seems that in Sevilla one can not breath during that week. What can I say, processions, processions, processions! I got some great footage of the nightime processions that I wish to share with the world. Maybe you can make it next year! Saludos, jer... cool

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1817 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments