Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#50911 - 04/05/01 07:40 PM San Fermín:Running of the bulls (Pamplona)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone going to Pamplona this July for San Fermin? If you have any questions feel free to email me. It starts on July 6 at noon and goes till the 14th at midnight. The runs start on the morning of the 7th and they run everyday until the 14th. If you are going to run PLEASE find out as much info before you get there not 10 minutes before you get into the street. San Fermin is the biggest, wildest, party I've ever been to. It goes on 24 hours per day for 9 straight days. If you go to watch you'll need to get a place as early as 5am. It gets more crowded every year. If you go to run make sure that you know what you are doing for your own safety as well as the safety of others. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you. I've been going to Pamplona for a few years now. Our group is having a Hawaiian mobile transvestite cocktail party on the 9th. We start at the bottom of the bull run in the afternoon and continue until we make it to the bullring. Just look for all the crazies in grass skirts and cocnut bras. Last year we did a mobile medical transvestite cocktail party. Everyone dressed in nurses uniforms. It was a huge success. cool

#50912 - 04/05/01 08:38 PM Re: San Fermín:Running of the bulls (Pamplona)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Robin!!! I've always wanted to visit Pamplona (either during or NOT during San Fermín), but haven't had the opportunity yet.

Just a week ago I was watching some video I recorded of the 1996 Running-of-the-Bulls from ESPN2 (a USA sports television station) which was televising it daily. Unfortunately, it seems they have stopped showing it on TV here in the USA. It looks like a TRUE experience. Aaahh... someday. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#50913 - 04/06/01 12:58 AM Re: San Fermín:Running of the bulls (Pamplona)
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
MM,

Actually it was broadcast live last year on one of the 30 some sports channels I have on DirecTV. If I recall my wife said something about my having to "get a life" for being awake at that hour rolleyes

If for some reason we can't get it on TV, we can always watch it on the Basque TV station you have so graciously linked us to on the MadridMan website. They broadcast it live.

If all else fails, we can always find a few cow chips to place on the living room carpet, buy a CD with bull snorts on it, and get out our finest set of horns, and carefully sit on them drinking a Mahou laugh

Okay! So it isn't the same! It's the best I can suggest at short notice!

"Hey! Does anyone know the phone number for 911?"

Wolf

#50914 - 04/06/01 04:37 PM Re: San Fermín:Running of the bulls (Pamplona)
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I thought that was already a sport in Illinois!

FYI: the runs start at 8:00 a.m. and unless you go on the 7th, you should have no trouble finding a spot on the barricades as late as 7:00 a.m.

Don't miss the fireworks displays every evening in the Ciudadela park...still the best I've seen since the Black Cat factory blew up in Beijing. smile

ESPN2 shows the run every year (still), but the problem is they always have some stupid "human interest" story along with it, and it's usually some idiot who thinks he knows Pamplona, knows Spain and knows the Basque psyche. After two minutes of watching, you realize that all he "knows" is that he knows nothing (thanks to Miguel de Unamuno for that)...well, that and he knows how to order a beer.

BTW, in addition to myself, who's run already? I know I've seen a couple of other on the board...stand and be gored...er...counted!

#50915 - 04/07/01 01:00 PM Re: San Fermín:Running of the bulls (Pamplona)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Calibasco,
I guess it might be a little hard to get a true sense of the basque culture during San Fermin since the place is packed with just about every culture their is, and most of these all come together as one culture (drunk)! To put that much Testastrone in one place fill them up with gallons of liquior and through in some beautiful young Basque women, it is truely amazing at the amount of harmony their is. As far as running goes I only watch, that is enough adrenaline for me, not to mention that my husband and 3 young children would refuse to let me out of the states if I was to run. But several of my friends that I meet up with there run everyday and have been doing so for anywhere from 10-25 years. All I can say is that I have learned a lot from being around the spanish culture, it has changed my life for the better. Viva San Fermin

#50916 - 04/11/01 04:23 PM Re: San Fermín:Running of the bulls (Pamplona)
Anonymous
Unregistered

85 days to go. Let me know if I can help you learn more about San Fermin. Another great site is the kukuxumusu site . There is info on all the different parts of the course on this site as well as our < www.sanferminguide > Check it out. rolleyes

[ 05-24-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#50917 - 04/11/01 05:45 PM Re: San Fermín:Running of the bulls (Pamplona)
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
CaliBasco,

I'm a little dense. I didn't get the drift on your post until a few minutes ago.

"Doh!" (doing my best Homer Simpson impression)

As for the Chicago Bulls, they run like they have their shoelaces tied together. They're as bad now as they were good with MJ. Still the NBA is living proof that everyone over 6-11 is a millionaire in the US.

As for the real running of the Bulls, you're right about the announcing. The personal stories are enough to make me drink Leinie's Red early in the morning, even if it means driving the porcelain bus by 3 PM.

Wolf

#50918 - 04/12/01 04:47 PM Re: San Fermín:Running of the bulls (Pamplona)
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
LoboPandilla- You gave me too much credit on the post...I hadn't even thought of the reference to the woeful NBA franchise in your area. I was just assuming that the state of Illinois (read: Springfield, Skokie, etc.) would do those things as sport (if buffalo chips and Mahou were available, of course). Thanks for the confidence in my pun-ishing abilities with puns. :p

#50919 - 04/23/01 01:12 PM Re: San Fermín:Running of the bulls (Pamplona)
Anonymous
Unregistered

HI if anyone is going to be in Pamplona for the running of the bulls from the 6-10 of july and want to try out for a tv reality based show where you can win prizes or money give these guys a look
< www.4x40tv.com > they are looking for people to be on their tv show. rolleyes

[ 04-23-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#50920 - 05/24/01 01:07 PM Re: San Fermín:Running of the bulls (Pamplona)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
[originally posted by Robin on 5-24-01...]

Hey out there, anyone going to be in pamplona on the 9th of july come by and have a drink with us. We are having our annual Transvestite Mobile Cocktail Party. This years theme is Hawaiian. So wear something Hawaiian and join us. We start at the bottom of the Santo Domingo (where the bulls start their run from and make our way up to the bullring. Just look for all the crazy guys in grass skirts and coconut bras(there might be a little lipstick as well. If anyone has any questions about the fiesta feel free to email me with any and I'll do my best to try and answer them. Viva San Fermin! Gora San Fermin!
I can possibly hook you up with a balcony, or even a place to stay. San Fermin is the wildest party in the world.
Cheers :p
--------------------
www.pamplona.co.uk

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments