Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#50894 - 03/25/01 05:20 AM Easter week around Hotel Chelo (Madrid)
Sponge Cake Offline

Loc: Derbyshire, England
I'm new to this site and new to Madrid - never been before, but as it is a prime destination for the airline I work for, and a route I partially administrate, I thought I'd check it out personally and sample some of the hostel accomodation rather than large hotels. We're booked into Hostal Chelo 8th-14th April (I'll post any comments, MadridMan) - and be assured I am also passing on your site to fellow-employees and passengers(!) because of how useful everyone finds it, but I understand it's "Holy Week" in Madrid.
Could anyone tell me what this involves in Spain, specifically in Madrid? Someone mentioned to me there would be many celebrations, shows, etc. Is this true, or is it a more reserved celebration?

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 03-26-2001).]

#50895 - 03/26/01 07:14 PM Re: Easter week around Hotel Chelo (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello Sponge Cake!! And welcome to the "Spain Family"!!! Thanks for your kind words about my website and I also think you'll find Hostal Chelo just fine.

I think it might be best if we can get Antonio (the English-speaking son of the enterprise) or other madrileños on the board to describe what happens in their fine city during Semana Santa. I personally have seen a few smallish processions there, but usually spend the holiday in other cities around Spain.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#50896 - 03/27/01 04:50 PM Re: Easter week around Hotel Chelo (Madrid)
jllawson Offline

Loc: Boise, ID US
You will love SPAIN! Hostal Chelo is clean, the owners very helpful, especially Antonio... you should learn soon that the first floor is not the street floor but the first floor above the entrance... don't take a lot of, or heavy, luggage Hostal Chelo is on the fourth(?) floor the hike up those stairs made us want to make a donation to the proposed lift... Antonio, is it installed yet?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1799 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments