Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#50889 - 03/21/01 08:19 PM When is Corpus Christi?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
When is Corpus Christi and how do they celebrate it in Spain?

#50890 - 03/21/01 08:51 PM Re: When is Corpus Christi?
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
Corpus Cristi Day is June 14 this year.(It changes each year based on date of Easter. I've read of various festivals around Whitsun(Jun 3)and Corpus Cristi Day and they seem to be in smaller towns and are religious in nature including processionals etc. I read in Castrillo de Murcia near Burgos,on the Sunday after CCDay a devil-like figure junps over new-born babies laid out on a mattress which tradition says will bring them good health! I'm quoting from a travel book so I'll also be interested to hear what some "native" members tell us.

#50891 - 05/14/01 11:49 PM Re: When is Corpus Christi?
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I don't know why I keep posting this...I guess I just hope that someone else is able to experience the quaint fun of Camuñas on Corpus that I did. In Camuñas (La Mancha) they have a great Corpus play in the streets. It really is a lot of fun, and you'll probably see what amounts to the whole town there on the main drag at once. You can see the site at www.pecadosydanzantes.com. If you're in the area...don't miss it!

#50892 - 04/30/02 12:44 AM Re: When is Corpus Christi?
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
When is it this year? I just read that this is a day that animals are "blessed" in Mexico. I hadn't read anything like this for Spain.

#50893 - 04/30/02 04:34 AM Re: When is Corpus Christi?
hombre_gizon Offline

Loc: Madrid
As I know, the animals in Spain are blessed the 17th of January, San Antonio Abad or more coloquially known as San Antón.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1466 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments