Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5084 - 01/26/03 12:13 PM Madrid Housing Agent?
MadridMatt Offline

Has anyone used a housing agent in Madrid to find an apartment?

Do you recommend using one?

If yes, who did you use?

Muchas Gracias!

#5085 - 01/26/03 04:14 PM Re: Madrid Housing Agent?
SandraZ Offline

Loc: Madrid
I tried a couple different agencies when we arrived 1 1/2 years ago. I ended up finding a place on my own through the Segundamano (the agencies weren't very helpful). But, since then I've discovered Lynch and Co., who are very professional and have English speaking agents. I would highly recommend them!

#5086 - 01/27/03 09:15 AM Re: Madrid Housing Agent?
MadridMatt Offline

Thanks! I´ll look them up.

#5087 - 01/28/03 04:05 AM Re: Madrid Housing Agent?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Well, it's always much cheaper to arrange everything directly with the owners. All real state agents will charge commission.

Furthermore, if you use them, you are narrowing down the possible apartments as they only rent/sell those apartments whose owners have an agreement with them.

Buy Segundamano and start calling them very early in the morning. The best flats got rented quickly.

By the way, it's difficult to tell whether a classified ad is from an owner or an agency. If you read "no agencias" (no agencies) that means the owner explicitly request not to be contacted by them to sell/rent their flat. Thus, you can be sure you are dealing with the owner.

#5088 - 01/28/03 08:40 AM Re: Madrid Housing Agent?
MadridMatt Offline

Thanks Antonio.

I would of course prefer not pay a commission but since my Spanish isn´t fluent yet I´m concerned about calling and dealing directly with the owners.

Still, if the agencies don´t work out I´ll try Segundamano.

By the way, are there many scams in the Segundamano listings? Does anyone have any horror stories?

#5089 - 01/29/03 04:10 PM Re: Madrid Housing Agent?
SandraZ Offline

Loc: Madrid
By the way, Lynch and Co. was going to charge the same as all the other agencies (one month's rent) and I felt they provided much better service. However, their listings do tend towards the high end of the housing market. They had some for under 1000 euros per month, but are probably more focused on the 1500 and up price range.

No horror stories from the segundamano, but it is challenging with limited Spanish. Do you have a friend who could make the calls for you or go with you to see places?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments