Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#50766 - 02/22/01 11:21 AM A Tourist Sees a Bullfight
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
The Philadelphia Inquirer ran an article in Sunday's paper about a woman who went to a bullfight at Las Ventas in Madrid prepared to dislike it, and ended up changing her mind. I enjoyed it, and found it realistic and down-to-earth. You can read it at http://inq.philly.com/content/inquirer/2001/02/18/travel/FITE18.htm

#50767 - 02/22/01 01:41 PM Re: A Tourist Sees a Bullfight
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Diana,
It is a coincidence that you posted this today. My daughters(ages 6 and 10) were discussing the bullfight today and they really want to go to one this summer when we are in Spain. I really enjoyed the article. Thanks for thinking of posting it.

#50768 - 02/23/01 06:36 AM Re: A Tourist Sees a Bullfight
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I would definitely not recommend a bullfight for children, ages 6 and 10. It can be very messy when the torero fails to kill the bull with a single thrust: sometimes they try to 'work' the bull into turning around until the espada pierces a vital organ; more often the espada is taken out and the torero makes another try. During this time the bull is puking and lowing; and I can see no pleasure in watching an animal die like that

#50769 - 02/24/01 09:52 PM Re: A Tourist Sees a Bullfight
cantabene Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
Eddie makes a good point. The problem is, most bullfights are like that. It's been my experience that you have to see about 15 or 20 fights to experience one that is what it is supposed to be.
Cantabene

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3011 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments