MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#50730 - 05/17/02 11:11 AM Re: Camino Francés / Camino de Santiago
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
CONGRATULATIONS CALI! (Just to show I can do it too!)

I looked on the web cam at 8.15 am this morning (UK time) just incase you were visible, but sorry, couldn't see anyone with the MM tattoo. wink

Enjoy your extra day.

Jo

#50731 - 05/17/02 10:27 PM Re: Camino Francés / Camino de Santiago
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Cali,

I'm happy you made it! Good job! Next time around "don't take the bus!" laugh That's the easy way!

I keep thinking about how we were all supposed to get up at 2 AM Central Standard time to watch you do your "jumping jacks" in the square. I didn't make it... I was bugging the covers. But I did look in at about 6 AM our time and saw a figure loping along towards a bike, then getting on and riding away -- wearing a yellow slicker -- and in my mind, I decided that was our own Cali -- off to see more sites.

I'm anxious to see the pics you took, and hear about the trip. It must have been fantastic! We were all riding with you like you were Lance Armstrong....

Bravo!

Wolf (Who's as exhausted as Cali just from thinking about the trip he took - eek )

#50732 - 05/18/02 02:55 PM Re: Camino Francés / Camino de Santiago
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Good Going!

#50733 - 05/20/02 03:08 PM Re: Camino Francés / Camino de Santiago
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I'm back in the U-S-S-A...and after I defeat the reverse jetlag (I sure hated coming to work today...), I'll be busily transcribing my journal for Internet use, and then posting it on one of those free web-hosting sites. Does anyone have any suggestions for one that is less interested in pop-up ads and more interested in you getting your info to your friends?

A few final thoughts: As the Swiss crew handed out fresh hot rolls to us on our flight, I cried real tears knowing that it would be until my next trip to Spain before I had good bread again (a thought that was driven home as I prepared a sandwich made from Albertson's loaf bread this morning...yeech!) mad . Everyone who goes to Spain must eat a Bollycao. Yes, everyone. Any country that can take Nocilla and inject it into a hot-dog bun is a country I can love. laugh I brought home a two-liter bottle of La Casera, but don't know if I should spray it champagne-style over my Lance Armstrong Trek bike, or just chug it for dinner wink . And the last thought: I've converted my two riding companions to Spanish tortilla AND natillas. I think either of them would hop a flight for just another round of either.

Thank you all again for your support. As I read your congratulations this morning, it was further made clear to me what a great thing MadridMan has started here, and how we all truly love Spain in the same way. You folks are the best!!! smile

CaliBasco [who is looking forward to filling out his belly so that his belt buckle "fits" again into the last hole...]

#50734 - 05/21/02 06:36 AM Re: Camino Francés / Camino de Santiago
nevado Offline

Way to go! Can't wait to read the journals.

#50735 - 05/23/02 02:06 PM Re: Camino Francés / Camino de Santiago
Leche Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
hey CaliBasco! good to see you made it home ok without being run down by any Spanish busses smile Be sure to post big and large when you get your travelogue posted somewhere.

thanks again for sharing your experiences from a 'biker's pov'....I think I will stick to other means of travel though smile

#50736 - 05/23/02 02:30 PM Re: Camino Francés / Camino de Santiago
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Leche, funny you should mention getting run down...the biggest challenge I had came from a Renault 7...I forgot to look both ways and almost left my heart in San Francisco rolleyes (outskirts of Burgos). [Although the incessant kilometers of truck traffic into Logroño was a close second on the "will I live through today" scale!] eek

#50737 - 05/23/02 03:36 PM Re: Camino Francés / Camino de Santiago
Leche Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
ha! I guess that's what you get when you combine so much pedestrian traffic (bike in your case:)) in a country with skinny, windey roads and crazy drivers. I was actually rolled along a building wall once when a bus driver got a little too close turning a tight corner!

#50738 - 05/24/02 05:30 AM Re: Camino Francés / Camino de Santiago
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
¡En hora buena, CaliBasco! I sure hope you visited the Oficina de Perigrinación and picked up your La Compostela which you earned. You write:
Quote:
We averaged 47 miles per day, and let me tell you, Euskadi and Galicia are the two best parts of the trip!
I am disappointed that you didn't include either Cantabria or the Principality of Asturias (where a man can get a decent meal: Fabada Asturiana o Cocido de Liebana) in that group.

#50739 - 05/24/02 09:47 AM Re: Camino Francés / Camino de Santiago
Espe3 Offline

Calibasco, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I have been reading many of these posts, and it seems amazing! smile I have wanted to do the Camino for awhile, but unfortunately haven't been able to be in Spain long enough the past few years (short visits and besides, lots of family!) but it looks as if the end is near and I'll soon be able to plant myself over there for good. I have a couple of questions for you:
From the route in Spain, where does it start?
What are panniers?
Approx. how long does it take to do the route?

Thanks and happy trails! smile
Espe3

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2948 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments