MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#50710 - 04/18/02 04:14 PM Re: Camino Francés / Camino de Santiago
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Two weeks from today I'll be on my way! I've found some great resources along the way to give me more information on the nuts and bolts of the camino. Try this website for those of you who would like to know what the "albergues" and "refugios" are all about. (in Spanish, sorry.)

http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/

The site has nice PDF versions of each stage, pictures of some of the refugios and basic information on amenities, things to see, etc.

I've actually downloaded all the information onto my HP Jornada, which will make a handy e-mail editor along the road, hopefully cutting my time at the internet cafes from composing to simply downloading and posting!

#50711 - 04/26/02 04:43 PM Re: Camino Francés / Camino de Santiago
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Cali.
I was just thinking about you today...wondering how you are doing with your preparations. You must be SO psyched. My husband has wanted to do the Camino for such a long time and I know he is so interested in hearing all of your thoughts and impressions. Buena suerte...y que te vaya bien. esperanza smile (Hope the Galician weather is on your side!)

#50712 - 04/26/02 05:55 PM Re: Camino Francés / Camino de Santiago
miche_dup1 Offline

hola peregrino/a calibasco
I walked from St Jean to compostela and all I can say is 'Buen Camino' and 'Ultreya'

I have happy memories of meeting many cyclists on the route, short but sweet!
I do believe the walkers and cyclists share pretty much the same type of terrain. I know this because they would often make me jump out of my skin when they would say BUEN CAMINO!!!from behind, and sometimes I would meet them in the next refugio ( of course they arrived much earlier)but anyway, ULTREYA!!!!!!!

#50713 - 04/28/02 11:03 PM Re: Camino Francés / Camino de Santiago
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Esperanza (and others): I was just thinking yesterday (as I shared a lamb dinner at our Basque family reunion!!!), if there is anything that anyone wants me to focus on in particular on this pilgrimage route, please let me know (before Thursday!). For example, my first post wanted to know about the physical makeup of the trail, not just where it goes.

I'll try to keep a keen eye open for you and do the best I can. I feel like I'll have 2500 people there with me in spirit!!!

#50714 - 05/03/02 05:25 PM Re: Camino Francés / Camino de Santiago
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Guess who's in Spain as he is typing this????

That's right...the pilgrimage is now under way!!!

WOO HOO!!!!

#50715 - 05/03/02 05:53 PM Re: Camino Francés / Camino de Santiago
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
And I've never seen you with so few words Cali! wink wink

Have a fabulous time. laugh laugh After 18 months planning, there shouldn't be a detail missed!

Enjoy those bumps! eek

Jo

#50716 - 05/03/02 10:00 PM Re: Camino Francés / Camino de Santiago
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Happy trails, Cali!!!!

Keep us updated as you can...

Tara smile

#50717 - 05/04/02 08:00 AM Re: Camino Francés / Camino de Santiago
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Hola Cali, I am touched that you were thinking of little ol' me! smile I was thinking of you all week and sending you lots of good thoughts; and I guess you got them! I am really looking forward to your impressions and insight into the Camino and all that it signifies. Have a BLAST every step of the way. Un beso, Esperanza smile

#50718 - 05/06/02 09:38 AM Re: Camino Francés / Camino de Santiago
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Short - sweet - and really excited! That, Cali. is a first - especially the 'short'. wink You know, the 2500+ of us will be waiting for a blow-by-blow - or, as Jo said "bump-by-bump", description of the entire trail when you return. A guide to 1)What the Camino is like; 2)How to do it; 3)Off the beaten path (or more so); 4)How you really feel - and I'm not referring to physical ailments by that; 5)pictures - more pictures and more pictures!

So rest your keyboard fingers over the next few weeks - and plan on giving them plenty wink of exercise when you get back to CA.

Have a super super time - laugh

#50719 - 05/06/02 12:21 PM Re: Camino Francés / Camino de Santiago
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'm with Puna. It will be GREAT to have a (another?) firsthand account of the pilgrimage from someone close to all of us here. Can't wait to hear about it!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2937 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments