Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#50576 - 01/21/01 02:51 PM Spain In March
Cristobal Offline

Loc: San Francisco CA USA
Hello all, first of all, Madridman, your website is awesome!! It gave me alot of good info. on my trip to Spain last June. The traveling bug is biting and I am thinking about going to Spain for the month of March(have to take advantage of the great airfares). I would like to know when "Las Fallas" happens and also would I be able to make "Carnival" in Madrid. Also, how is the weather in Madrid and Valencia during March. March 4 is the Tour de Murica. I would like to see Lance Armstrong race, so any info. on Murcia would be great. Viva Espana......

#50577 - 01/22/01 05:39 AM Re: Spain In March
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Sorry! Carnaval ends Feb 27 (fat Tuesday). San José is March 19. The week before that is las Fallas de Valencia - but they continue down thru Alicante for a week or so after. So the Valencia-Alicante-Murcia area might be the place to spend mid-March.

#50578 - 01/22/01 07:53 AM Re: Spain In March
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Cristobal! Welcome to the group! You'll find a few useful postings about Las Fallas by using the SEARCH link above/right, and typing FALLAS as your keyword. Have a great time!! (if you can go afterall)

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#50579 - 01/22/01 05:09 PM Re: Spain In March
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Welcome to the board! I went in March back in 1999 to Madrid and later to the north (not relevant here). Madrid in March was pleasant, a little on the cool side in the evening, but the days were in the 60s. Obviously the closer you get to Murcia and the rest of the coast, you will find that temperature going up a bit. Enjoy your trip!

#50580 - 01/24/01 01:28 AM Re: Spain In March
Cristobal Offline

Loc: San Francisco CA USA
Well, I got my airline ticket tonight, and it is a GO!!!!! Fly into Madrid on March 1 and leave on March 22. I will probably be in Madrid for the first 4 days before I wander along the Costa Blanca for about 2 weeks. All subject to change, of course. That is the best thing about Spain, one can just go with the flow. Sitting at an outdoor cafe drinking a glass of sangeria and having good conversation with people that you just have met. I love Spain!!!! Airfare 500$, hostels 25$, wine 3$, the memories and the adventures...Priceless....... P.S. Since I am traveling alone, if anybody is in Madrid the first weekend of March, give me an email. I am game for about anything, especially the Madrid nightlife. I had a blast at Joy Esclava, last June. I hope to check out some other clubs and pubs this time around. Take care.........

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1726 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments