Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#50538 - 01/24/01 12:34 AM Re: what's it like to be gay in madrid?
kenbone Offline

Loc: Cincinnati Ohio USA
Hi Eight...

I am a GWM from Cincinnati, coming to Spain to study the language and the culinary scene. I am arriving in Madrid on Feb 5 and will probably stay a few days before heading to a warmer, yet to be determined spot in the south. I would love to pick your brains, if you would like to have dinner one night. I am staying in Spain for 6 weeks, then heading north towards London eventually. Feel free to respond here or e mail me at KSchad5814@aol.com Mucho Gracias, Seniorita!

#50539 - 02/19/01 09:53 PM Re: what's it like to be gay in madrid?
arthur Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
I'm headed for Madrid for the last week of May and first week of June. By pure coincidence will be staying right near Chueca...

Anyone else planning to be in town then? Always interested in meeting up for a lunch or dinner...

------------------

#50540 - 02/20/01 04:31 AM Re: what's it like to be gay in madrid?
eight earrings Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY USA
alas, arthur i wonīt be able to meet up with you!! i am planning on leaving this little spanish paradise the middle of may... but i hope you have a really fun time here! chueca is cool and there are lots and lots of clubs to choose from and stuff... however i canīt really tell you that much about the boy clubs here because... well... iīm a girl. i have been to sachaīs (girl crowd, but some boy couples), 69 (super crowded but still lots of fun), escape (guys and girls)... have also been to truco, a more lesbian bar. i know iīve been to others as well, but... letīs see how i can say this is the most "culta" manner. i may have been slightly drunk while i was on my way to other clubs, so i canīt remember what they were! one really good thing to do when you get here is check out the librería berkana which is on calle gravina. donīt remember the address, but if you ask someone where it is, iīm sure they can help you out. itīs right near the metro station in chueca. itīs a queer bookstore with lots of free stuff as far as information on the "scene" in madrid, and iīm sure you can ask anyone in their ab-fab staff for advice if you need it. also a good place to check out is COGAM, which is on calle fuencarral, and you can get to it a little better by getting off at metro Gran Via and then taking the fuencarral salida. if you go down fuencarral, maybe 5 minutes or so, you will see on your left-hand side a sign for COGAM. they have a little coffee shop / bar area downstairs and then upstairs they have their administration section, which definitely helped me out. they keyed me into all the different gay stuff there is in madrid, and gave me this super-cool map of "gay madrid" which lists gay and lesbian-owned businesses and stuff... itīs nice to buy from "family", you know? anyhow, good luck with your travels and i hope you have a blast in chueca. while sometimes it can be rather difficult to be gay in madrid (and i think so more for the fellows than for the ladies), you can also meet a lot of neat people and have a great time partying. write more if you need anything.

-amy (who is having a wonderful time here in madrid, as tomorrow marks her sixth week here). honestly, everybody, this has been the best decision i ever made. i am learning so much and having an amazing time, seeing lots of fun places and feeling everyday more and more a member of my host family. although my girlfriend and i both wish she could win the lottery and visit me here...

#50541 - 02/20/01 10:42 AM Re: what's it like to be gay in madrid?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Hey there, I am glad to hear you are having a great time in Madrid!! Since i enouraged you to go... that's a good thing. Tell us more about the host family, about your language learning adventures, etc. And of course keep those wild night stories coming, too!!! Airfares are really cheap to Madrid in march, so encourage your g/f to hop on a plane....

tu profesora

#50542 - 02/25/01 01:42 AM Re: what's it like to be gay in madrid?
sheba Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN USA
hey eight,

I'm still jealous It's good to hear that you're having a good time though and that everything worked out. Hope you have much to report when you get back.

-sheba

#50543 - 02/25/01 01:35 PM Re: what's it like to be gay in madrid?
cantabene Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
Gosh! More things to worry bout.
Cantabene

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1531 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments