Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#50456 - 11/16/00 09:12 AM Flamenco
Amy25 Offline

Loc: Troy, MI USA
What is Flamenco exactly? One of my travel companions wants to see this can anyone give me a reccommendation on where to see some great Flamenco?

#50457 - 11/16/00 09:48 AM Re: Flamenco
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Amy25! This topic has been covered pretty well in the "Food, Drink, & Entertainment" forum. Go there, use the SEARCH feature in the menu above/to the right, use FLAMENCO as your keyword, and you'll find many postings about locations in Madrid and Sevilla (at least).

As for what it is exactly, its history/reason, I suggest waiting for a response from missmadrid98 herself, our local flamenco dancer. Have you seen her photo of her dancing from her "Dinner In L.A." thread?

Saludos, MadridMan

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 11-16-2000).]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#50458 - 11/16/00 11:05 AM Re: Flamenco
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
Flamenco is the Andalucian-gypsy based Spanish dance. In Flamenco you can use any combination of these 4 things; palmas (hand-clapping), guitar, cante (flamenco singing), and dance. I think and feel Flamenco is a direct expression of your soul, but other people may tell you otherwise. There are over a dozen different dances in Flamenco, there are: Tangos, Tanguillos, Sevillanas, Fandangos, Alegrias, and so forth. There are also accesories you can use in these dances such as; fans, mantons (shawls) castanets and hats. Though the Flamenco style and dances differ from region to region, it essentially thrives in the south, Andalucia. i hope this answers your question and if you would like to see pictures or anymore info you can visit the flamenco page on my site! OLE!

------------------
Spain Page!! Check it out! http://www.geocities.com/missmadrid98

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments