MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#50436 - 04/17/02 11:56 PM Re: What I like and dislike about Spain
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
*sniff* sniff*, How could I resist? Here's my two cents worth:women mopping the sidewalks, old men plaing dominoes for hours into the night, then continuing in the morning,people watchers that will spend countless hours watching people traffic from their balconies, Corte Ingles, the ramblas with all the benches filled with people relaxing and soaking up life, spanish air(as soon as I step off the plane and breathe, I just KNOW I'm in Spain)playing futbol sala on the outdoor courts, my Spanish Friends,My spanish Family,filipino cookies, Mossimo Dutti, Zara, Pull and Bear, sigh, Dislikes? umm, sorry.

#50437 - 04/18/02 02:42 AM Re: What I like and dislike about Spain
Bocata King Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
O.K. why not. The things I love about spain are numerous, but a few are:
- tintos de verano
- cafe con leche y tostada de tomate
- happy people!!
- having one person you buy your meats from, another your vegetables, and even another that sells only eggs!!
- afternoons in Campo del Principe in Granada
- more parties for more virgin mary's than I ever new existed!
- One word - SIESTA!

And if I had to say a few things I don't like . . .
- that I can't work there legally
- the smokers everywhere
- SLS (spanish line syndrome) - the fact that even the simplest task in the smallest of lines can take you an hour

B.K.

#50438 - 04/18/02 05:29 AM Re: What I like and dislike about Spain
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

what i like about spain(well just about 10 reason for now)

1.a good paseo at sundown especially in a small town
2.the perfect mixture of old and new
3.the easiness, courtesy and general freindliness of the people
4.the most beautiful women in the world
5.the most beautiful country in the world
6.oh and also the best food in the world(is anybody craving a good fabada or cocido madrileno right now).
7.the spanish air(its like you are on a different planet or something.
8.the culture and the diversity of spain
9.the many beautiful languages in spain (yes including euskera)
10.the music especially the folkoric type(muneira from galica,flamenco from the south,the danza prima in asturias,the jiraldilla of leon,the jota of navarre and aragon)just to name a few
11.oh dammit im finished but i would actually have to right way more to say all my likes about spain. wink

oh my dislikes
1.uummmmmmm. let me think.oh just the eta and the job situation to name two in one.(the latter prevents me more than the first to live there.) rolleyes

#50439 - 04/18/02 02:29 PM Re: What I like and dislike about Spain
Cooter Offline

Loc: Boston, MA USA
second the Spanish ladies. beeeeyoootiful! Fortunately for me, I'm going out with one.

#50440 - 05/01/02 01:53 PM Re: What I like and dislike about Spain
Akordish Offline

Loc: Pozuelo de Alarcon, Spain
Ok - ok I must vent....I'll be back to do the positives but a bit of reality here:
When a family outing to the major outdoor attractions of the city (Casa de Campo) including, the zoo, park de attraciones, the lake, a run in the park, the teleferico involves an up close sales pitch by the local prostitutes it's a bit too much. I understand that most of the posters here probably miss this, traveling by metro in the city - but for those of us that would like to live a normal day to day life (with kiddos) it is a disgrace. I'm not commenting on the prostitution thats another issue. But Why do I have to explain completely naked women in the middle of the street to my very inquisitive 2 year old? There are hundreds of them and it is no exageration that they stand absolutely naked in the middle of the road. My question posed to the proper authorities brought the reply that it's legal ..... though I'm pretty sure most of these ladies haven't gone through the necessary immigration process...and I'm sure they'd find someway to get me out of the street if it was me in my neighborhood... anyways. lots to love but thats my two cents.

#50441 - 05/01/02 05:46 PM Re: What I like and dislike about Spain
Lizziee Offline

Loc: Scotland
Love: Jamon serrano, chorizo, Mahou, sitting on the terrazas, wonderful sunshine, beautiful people, seeing families enjoying being together, how romantic a place Spain is (and how romantic it makes my husband laugh ) and how happy I feel there.

Hate: Feeling totally inadequate as I muddle my way through learning Spanish and the fact my bottom will never be as pert as most Spanish women's.

#50442 - 05/01/02 09:07 PM Re: What I like and dislike about Spain
supaJack Offline

Loc: Houghton, Mi, USA
I love-

Being a giant, the subways were built for spaniards.

Olive trees, twisted in the sun.

The old lady in the cafe, playing the slot machine.

The men at work, laying around.

Taking a siesta, with melted chocolate on my fingers

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1602 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments