Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#49948 - 06/30/00 06:06 AM Madrid Prostitutes Cleared to Dress Down (article)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
MADRID PROSTITUTES CLEARED TO DRESS DOWN

Reuters
June 28, 2000
MADRID -- Scantily dressed prostitutes in a popular Madrid park should not be ordered to cover up because they are simply wearing the uniform of their profession, according to the capital's chief public prosecutor.

Mariano Fernando Bermejo rejected a proposal to charge prostitutes with the offense of indecent exposure, newspaper El Pais said recently.

The idea was put forward by a police chief outraged at the women's state of undress day and night in the Casa de Campo. The park is a well-known center of prostitution but is also home to an amusement park, a zoo, soccer pitches and restaurants.

"One thing is indecent exposure, another is the wearing of a uniform--or in this case almost the lack of one--related to one's job," the prosecutor was quoted as saying in El Pais.

MadridMan has seen this "display" in Casa de Campo for himself and can truthly say this could/would NEVER happen in the USA! At least not legally (prostitution in Spain is largely legal)!

[Antonio says: This is not completely true. Prostitution in Spain is neither legal nor illegal. Our laws just don't talk about it].

More articles about Spain can be found through my Spain News page @ http://www.MadridMan.com/news-spain.html

Saludos, MadridMan
---------------------
Love Pedro Almodóvar Movies? Visit MadridMan's ALL Spain Market @ http://www.MadridMan.com/allspainmarket.html

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 07-21-2000).]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#49949 - 06/30/00 06:21 AM Re: Madrid Prostitutes Cleared to Dress Down (article)
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Reminds me of an OLD joke, the 'punch' line being: "The gentleman was not charged because he was properly attired for the sport in which he was participating."

#49950 - 07/21/00 02:56 PM Re: Madrid Prostitutes Cleared to Dress Down (article)
Malcolm Offline

Loc: Leeds. England
I too can speak on this subject.
Travelling, inocently, on the cablecar.
Yes, there is a cable car.
I was, inocently, looking for parrots. Had heard about girls in this area, someone said they had seen them along the road at 8 in the morning. But this was 3 in the afternoon. There she was flashing her wares, and they were considerable. It was totally surreal. On a more sober note, she was an African girl and her story must have been a fairly desperate one to be out there at that time of day. For me it was just strange and exotic, but-.
Incidentally, there are green birds down there, I think they're parrots. There is no think, about the girl. Or the lack of clothing.

[This message has been edited by Malcolm (edited 07-21-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Malcolm (edited 07-22-2000).]

#49951 - 07/24/00 07:29 AM Re: Madrid Prostitutes Cleared to Dress Down (article)
fnavarro Offline

Loc: Madrid
Personally I think it's a shame.

I am living in Amsterdam now, and I think that if prostitution exists (like it had existed since the beginning of times), the best solution is the one they have taken in The Netherlands. There is an area reserved for it, the women pay taxes, are fully recognized, have medical care, etc.

Trying to close the eyes to it like in madrid, and allowing it to happen in the middle of a forest, without any facilities, without any control...it's such an hypocresy...

Florencio

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments