Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4925 - 12/17/02 11:41 AM Madrid:29 Jan & beginning of Feb.? What's on?
nickie Offline

Loc: belgium
I have to be in Madrid for professional reasons and I've noticed that all prices of hotels are higher between 29th of january 2003 and beginning of february. Can anyone explain this ? Is there a special occasion and can I have a room at a reasonable price than ???

#4926 - 12/17/02 12:22 PM Re: Madrid:29 Jan & beginning of Feb.? What's on?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
From January 29th to February 2nd, Fitur , the International Tourism fair takes places in Madrid. It is considered as the second most important tourism fair in the world and therefore there will be lots of people in Madrid during those days.

#4927 - 12/17/02 12:35 PM Re: Madrid:29 Jan & beginning of Feb.? What's on?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Man! I wish I could go to that myself!! mad I've been reading about it on Madridiario.es . I wonder if you need a special invitation or if it's open to the public.

Nickie, while I'm not sure, I doubt that " hostales " would raise their prices during this convention time. Why not try one of those? While these aren't exactly like HOTELS, at least you'll save yourself an arm - if not a leg as well (this is a saying - meaning you'll save a lot of money). Good luck finding something affordable!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4928 - 01/23/03 07:54 AM Re: Madrid:29 Jan & beginning of Feb.? What's on?
nickie Offline

Loc: belgium
Thank you very much for the replies !!! I will stay in the Asturias Hotel until the 29 th anyhow... is this okay ? I don't seem to have enough confidence in hostals... maybe I'll try one on my next visit... and I will have a look while I'm there this time.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments