Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4858 - 11/15/02 06:32 PM hotel search in general & barcelona
travelmaven Offline

Having a difficult time finding a hotel in Barcelona for Dec. 30 and Dec. 31.
Bancotel has no options. Need a room for three (one teen), near all the action, priced between $75 and $115.
Anybody have better luck than me when typing in hotel names on the Internet?
I've found it really frustrating to click and get all those web sites that offer "discount" hotels rather than the hotel site itself. Then when you try to check availability or book a room, there's so little information.
Also have been unable/uncomfortable with knowing whether or not it's feasible to have a third person in the room. Some sites allow you to add an extra bed others just say twin with no more options.
I use a Macintosh. Does this have any bearing on it?

#4859 - 11/15/02 08:07 PM Re: hotel search in general & barcelona
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi travelmaven! Welcome to our message board.
Quote:
I've found it really frustrating to click and get all those web sites that offer "discount" hotels rather than the hotel site itself. Then when you try to check availability or book a room, there's so little information.
Isn't that the truth!!!? I swear there are more "discount"/"online reservation" sites for hotels than hotels themselves. It kind of makes me crazy too.

In order to find the actual websites of hotels you'd do well to find directories on hotels in Barcelona at Yahoo, DMOZ, and others. Here are a few:

http://dir.yahoo.com/Regional/Countries/...Lodging/Hotels/

http://dmoz.org/Regional/Europe/Spain/Au...Lodging/Hotels/

http://www.hotelsearch.com/cgi-bin/hotel...me=municipality

I'd be willing to be bet that these two have almost the same list but I see some differences. Give them a try, one-by-one. Sorry!

Prepare yourself for a tough time finding something for these popular/busy dates though.

I doubt having a Mac would have any difference in your success. Once you find a hotel that seems in your price range, send them a quick email AND HOPE they reply quickly. Do this to all those your considering at the same time. Remember, you're only asking about availability AND about the addition of a third person.

Finally, be sure to SEARCH this forum - see SEARCH link above/right- using keywords BARCELONA HOTEL and you should get dozens and dozens of options and reviews from our members who have stayed at them.

Keep us posted, travelmaven. We're really here to help you. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments