Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4797 - 10/31/02 04:08 PM Madrid: Hotel Agumar
Janet Lees Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Can anyone tell me anything about the Hotel Agumar . If so, can you also tell me what good restaurants are nearby and how far it is to the closest subway and bus stop.

Janet

#4798 - 10/31/02 06:03 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel Agumar
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Janet Lees! Welcome to our ALL SPAIN Message Board! smile

Where in the great country of Spain is this Hotel Agumar? Once you tell us that, maybe we could give you some details about the hotel or the area in which it's located in XYC city/village. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4799 - 10/31/02 09:14 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel Agumar
Janet Lees Offline

Sorry, the Hotel Augumar in in Madrid. Pso Reina Christina 7.

Janet

#4800 - 10/31/02 10:11 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel Agumar
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Ahh.. thank you. I've updated your subject line.

P° de la Reina Cristina, 7 is the eastern extension of the Paseo de la Infanta Isabel. You can take a kind of "walking tour" in photos on the QDQ site and view Pº de la Reina Cristina, 7 HERE and walk up/down the street. I'm sorry to say that according to these photos the area doesn't have much charisma and appears to be a good walk from "Old Madrid" and, say, the Huertas neighborhood.

The closest metro stop would be Mendez Pelayo. You can JUST see the metro sign on the far left of the photo in QDQ HERE & HERE .

It doesn't appear that there are ANY restaurants in the immediate area. I suppose the closest would be in the Plaza de Emperador Carlos V across from Atocha train station.

Sorry I couldn't have been more "positive" or "optimistic". Good luck to you!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4801 - 11/01/02 11:24 AM Re: Madrid: Hotel Agumar
Janet Lees Offline

Thank you MadridMan. We are on a tour and this is the hotel the tour stays at. I guess we will just have to make the best of it. I expect we will be out all day sightseeing, so I guess the biggest inconvenience will be that we have to take the metro to the city centre etc.

Janet

#4802 - 11/01/02 07:53 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel Agumar
that_girl Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Thanks MadridMan! for the QDQ mapping links! I can now "see" my boyfriend's house anytime I want. It's too cool!

#4803 - 11/01/02 08:40 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel Agumar
ABP Offline

Loc: MADRID
Hotel Agumar is a modern good hotel near the Retiro Park and Atocha- Ave rail station: There is a Metro (Atocha) aprx 100 metres, and at the door you will have a bus stop with bus to Puerta del Sol (number 20) and other (number 32) to near Plaza de Santa Ana ("la zona de copas") You will have a lot bars near the Reina Sofia area (aprx 300 mts from the hotel). so no problems.
Regards

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2083 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments