Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4791 - 10/29/02 12:10 PM Madrid:4 hotels to choose from, help!
scevallos Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Hola,

This website and message board is great! I will be in Madrid next week for business and our company travel agency has given me the following hotels to choose from: LA HABANA , SILKEN PUERTA CASTILLA , FOXA M-30 SUITES AND RESORT , and HOTEL ABBA CASTILLA .

All are within 4km of our offices. I would love to get anyone's impressions, reviews of these hotels. Location, accomodations, etc. Muchas gracias!

#4792 - 10/30/02 12:32 PM Re: Madrid:4 hotels to choose from, help!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
scevallos, I don't think I've ever seen any of these hotels reviewed here. If you stay at one of them, will you return here and be the first??? Please? Future travelers will surely appreciate it.

Hotel La Habana is several blocks NE of the Santiago Bernabeu soccer stadium. Hotel Silken Puerta Castilla is RIGHT next to the Torres Kio along the Paseo de la Castellana. FOXA-M30 is near Chamartin train station. Hotel Abba Castillo is also RIGHT next to the Torres Kio.

Speaking only about location, all these hotels are located in the northern part of the city. The SOUTHERN-most hotel, closest to the old city center (but not by much) is the Hotel La Habana. Even this one isn't within walking distance of the more interesting old city center, the museums, nightlife, etcetera so you'll have to take a taxi or metro or bus no matter which one of these you choose.

Good luck making a choice! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4793 - 11/01/02 12:35 PM Re: Madrid:4 hotels to choose from, help!
Cooter Offline

Loc: Boston, MA USA
The plaza de Castilla/Torres Kio area is where we stay in Madrid (friend's apartment)...As MadridMan said, this is on the northern edge of the city, pretty far from the sites in the old city. It is a good, but business-oriented, area. Then again, you are there on business. From the outside, all look like standard business-class hotels, but the Foxa/M30 is definitely the least convenient. The good news is that both the bus and the metro from Plaza de Castilla will get you downtown in 15 minutes.....

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1683 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments