Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#47903 - 05/29/08 07:13 PM Re: children's DVD's in castellano y catala
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
These websites rock! Thank you all for posting them! I'll scour them thru and check out what they've got... I really appreciate it... smile

MMM, interesting that you mention Heidi and Marco really being for older children. My friend's son Pablo was totally addicted to that cartoon before he was even two, and from what my friends tell me, he's still a fan.. I've never had any idea what it's about, just saw him watching it one day and liked the animation...

La Historiada, thanks for that link, I've never seen that site! It looks like a really good find though, so thanks!! smile

Steve R, really great you posted back on that store you were referring to! I'm so excited to have you all's input! ...you mention Gran Via and Alcala... wow, I miss Madrid! smile

I'll post back with anything interesting I find out.. and thanks to all y'all again!

andrew

#47904 - 05/29/08 09:07 PM Re: children's DVD's in castellano y catala
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
I think some people feel that anything in cartoon form is fair game for kids... A two year old wouldn't have the slightest idea about what Marco is about. It was made with much older children in mind.

It's the story of a woman who, because of the horrible depression in Italy, has to leave her family and go to Argentina to work and send back money. Her son is devastated when she leaves. At some point they stop receiving money and news from her. Marco, still a small boy, leaves for Argentina on a boat to try to find her. It turns out she's more or less on her death bed when he finds her. My son tried to watch in when he was five and couldn't get past the first episode. It's utterly heart-wrenching (but also a great adventure story for older kids). I'm not sure what the value of showing such a sophisticated cartoon to an infant might be when there are certainly more age-appropriate options out there.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2086 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments