Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#47826 - 06/14/07 05:06 PM Madrid: Cazuelas
scungilli Offline

Hola madrileños and non-madrileños:

I am staying near Sol, and I've been scouting around for cazuelas, but I can't seem to find any. I remember seeing them in greater numbers when I was here four years ago, and I remember seeing them somewhere near Calle Leon or Cervantes or Lope de Vega. If anybody could give me a head's up on where to find one, I'd appreciate it. I'm also looking to replace a recently broken cafetera, the kind that you place on the stove to cook.

Thanks for any help you can give.

#47827 - 06/14/07 05:35 PM Re: Madrid: Cazuelas
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
They are for sale all over the place. Go to any ferretería (hardware store). That would be a good place to get the cafetera, too. As I remember, there's a a decent ferretería on Huertas on the right side as you are going toward the Prado. It's across from a little playground. They'll be closed at midday. You can also buy the cazuelas at any little bazar or Todo a cien store. Really, they are very easy to find.

#47828 - 06/14/07 07:23 PM Re: Madrid: Cazuelas
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Also, there is a whole series of bazaars along the southern side of Mercado Anton Martin chock full of cazuelas, cafeteras and other kitchen items.(Just a short walk from Plaza Santa Ana)

#47829 - 06/14/07 08:05 PM Re: Madrid: Cazuelas
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

And, if you go to Segovia for a day trip before heading out to find your cazuelas in Madrid, you will see them all over the place there, too. I bought some in a little shop near the cathedral.

#47830 - 06/15/07 01:44 AM Re: Madrid: Cazuelas
scungilli Offline

Thanks, everybody. Funny, I tried going by the Mercado Anton Martin--I must have missed the southern side. I will look there and at the ferreteria on Huertas (I was also looking for a ferreteria, but I couldn't find one--thanks for the directions, MadridMan!).

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments