Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#47826 - 06/14/07 05:06 PM Madrid: Cazuelas
scungilli Offline

Hola madrileños and non-madrileños:

I am staying near Sol, and I've been scouting around for cazuelas, but I can't seem to find any. I remember seeing them in greater numbers when I was here four years ago, and I remember seeing them somewhere near Calle Leon or Cervantes or Lope de Vega. If anybody could give me a head's up on where to find one, I'd appreciate it. I'm also looking to replace a recently broken cafetera, the kind that you place on the stove to cook.

Thanks for any help you can give.

#47827 - 06/14/07 05:35 PM Re: Madrid: Cazuelas
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
They are for sale all over the place. Go to any ferretería (hardware store). That would be a good place to get the cafetera, too. As I remember, there's a a decent ferretería on Huertas on the right side as you are going toward the Prado. It's across from a little playground. They'll be closed at midday. You can also buy the cazuelas at any little bazar or Todo a cien store. Really, they are very easy to find.

#47828 - 06/14/07 07:23 PM Re: Madrid: Cazuelas
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Also, there is a whole series of bazaars along the southern side of Mercado Anton Martin chock full of cazuelas, cafeteras and other kitchen items.(Just a short walk from Plaza Santa Ana)

#47829 - 06/14/07 08:05 PM Re: Madrid: Cazuelas
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

And, if you go to Segovia for a day trip before heading out to find your cazuelas in Madrid, you will see them all over the place there, too. I bought some in a little shop near the cathedral.

#47830 - 06/15/07 01:44 AM Re: Madrid: Cazuelas
scungilli Offline

Thanks, everybody. Funny, I tried going by the Mercado Anton Martin--I must have missed the southern side. I will look there and at the ferreteria on Huertas (I was also looking for a ferreteria, but I couldn't find one--thanks for the directions, MadridMan!).

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments