Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#47813 - 05/10/07 12:37 AM Madrid/Leon: Olive Tablewear
super lau Offline

Hi all,

I visiting Madrid and Leon next week (YEAH!!) and am seeking a wedding gift for a friend of mine. Do you know where I could find olive tablewear (bowls, dishes, salad tongs, etc) in either city? I am looking for something high-quality with a reasonable price, and made by a local vendor. If you could be specific as possible about the store name and location, I can probably find the shop. I know both cities fairly well but was not in need of olive bowls before!

THANKS!!
Lau

#47814 - 05/19/07 06:32 AM Re: Madrid/Leon: Olive Tablewear
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
if you go to any travelling market in spain, you are sure to pick up the earthen wear you are looking for. Local souvenier shops have a tendency to sell them also.

#47815 - 05/21/07 10:29 AM Re: Madrid/Leon: Olive Tablewear
nevado Offline

Are you referring to the olive motif ceramic dishes? I know there are tons in Italy but I don’t recall having seen them before in Spain. Did you see them in Spain?

#47816 - 05/22/07 06:45 AM Re: Madrid/Leon: Olive Tablewear
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
I think super lau is referring to olive wood bowls. I've seen these bowls, but I can't think of where... You might try the kitchen store Alambique.

http://www.alambique.com/plt_Category.aspx?IdObjeto=51

There are some other kitchen stores south of the Plaza Mayor like Toledo 25 (which is also the address.

About a block away, as you are going down the Calle de Toledo from the Plaza Mayor, make the first left, there's another kitchen store on the left.

Other places with kitchen stuff:

La Oca
Vincon

#47817 - 05/29/07 01:12 AM Re: Madrid/Leon: Olive Tablewear
super lau Offline

Hi all,

I meant the olive-wood dishes like you can buy on the roadside in southern Spain. Like bowls, etc. that are carved by hand out of the wood. Anyway, I looked all over but did not find any. I did not get madridmadridmadrid's post until I was back in the US, so I guess next time I am back in Spain I will have to check those places. Thanks!

#47818 - 06/09/07 09:33 AM Re: Madrid/Leon: Olive Tablewear
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

I don't know what the prices would be like in Spain, but if you'd really like to buy some of the olive wood items in the US, you can click here to see the selection at La Tienda. I have purchased from La Tienda (mostly food items) and I have been very satisfied with their prices and service. It's nice to be able to find items from Spain when I'm not able to travel there myself on a regular basis!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments